drjanderson, Home Seller in Walnut Creek, CA

I am in Heather Farm area in a 3 bedroom, 21/2 baths, 1600 sq. ft townhouse, tri-level. What is the approx. price I could ask for?

Asked by drjanderson, Walnut Creek, CA Mon Feb 18, 2013

Answers

13
Merhran Saky’s answer
To get an idea/range, you are looking at about $350 per sq ft. Keep in mind that some other factors will impact the above price per sq,ft. This is what I'm targeting currently for two of my buyers who are buying that area.
You should consult with three different realtor. Price is dependent upon many factors. An important one is the current market conditions. You should consult with some people that know the market you are in.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
As an owner in Heather Farms I try to pay attention to what is happening in our community. At the present time there are only two properties actively listed ... one on Kinross and a detached home on Marchbanks Ct. There are also two homes that are pending on Kinross at $549k and $520k as well as two over on or off Gilboa. Three of the four pendings were on the market for less than two weeks... if your home is in good condition I would suggest a list price in the $525k range and anticipate something over that as a final sales price. The sales price will be dictated by the market and what your direct competition is when you put it up for sale.

One key element to consider is making sure that your home has no projects that need to be taken care of. Consider getting both a pest report and home inspection ahead of time and do the work, especially if it means replacing baths... that way you get the advantage of saying the baths were just remodeled..
Assuming the property is in moderately updated, I suggest going out on the market at $519,000. You will likely push to $535K and go with the offer with the strongest terms. Given the low inventory for homes in the Heather Farms area, you will likely get multiple offers. Good luck with your sale!
Depending on the condition and upgrades, if any, you could be pushing close to $500k.
I hope you are havign a great monday afternoon!
The current Market Condition in your area are:
No. of Active listing: One
List price: $520,000
$/sq. ft: 289.52
No. of Pending: None
No. of Sold (from 10/1/2012 to today) :5
The average list price: $444,000.00
The average $/sq.ft : $444,090.00
The average Sold Price: $444,000.00 (The range from $393,000.00 to $510,000.00)
The average Sold $/Sq.ft : $292,22.00
In order for me to perform a meaningful CMA, I need additional information. So, please call me for an appointment for next step. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My contact information as follows:
My name: Emil Huang (DRE# 01382119)
Prudential California Realty
1954 Contra Costa Blvd.
Cell Phone: 925-408-6999
email: emil.huang@pruca.com
www. pruca.com/emilhuang
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Truly,

Emil
Hello drjanderson,

Ideally you will find a Realtor who is a member of the local MLS which is "the" source for the most current and accurate data. Someone who will review and council you through the interpretation process resulting in the most styrategic pricing. But more importantly, you find a Realtor whom your intuition tells you this person can be a trusted advisor. A person who has one goal in mind, YOURS.
When the time comes, I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and see if you feel we could work toghether.
Good Morning! I wanted to echo a few of my colleagues comments about your condo in Heather Farms and summarize what I believe is happening because of market conditions. We are truly experiencing a shortage of inventory and are clearly in a seller's market.
I held my listing open yesterday at 1421 Ramsay Cir in Walnut Creek and had more than 75 people through! It's a split level as well. I expect multiple offers. Crazy!
It is important to work with an agent who will bring together a proven team that can help you market and the price your condo so you can make the most of our market conditions.
I have a short article I would love to share about this. Please email or call me and I will send it to you post script!
I hope to hear from you ASAP as I have a buyer looking to live in the Heather Farms neighborhood. I am not soliciting your listing although it would be a privilege to talk to you about that. I genuinely have a serious buyer for that area and would love to see if you are intending on selling if your home is a match. We have to be proactive on both sides of the deals these days! Hope to hear from you!
Vikki
925-708-0008
Many factors can impact the value of your home. Location, amenities, etc. From your description of your townhouse it sounds like a very desirable property. A quick analysis of the current market activity in this area indicates similar type property values ranging from the upper-mid $400,000s to the low $500,000s. Inventory in the area is low which make for a strong seller's market.

A local area Realtor can help you with a comparative market analysis specifically tailored for your home. Please let me know if I can assist with more information.

Miguel G. del Barco
Alain Pinel Realtors
1646 N. California Blvd.Suite 101
Walnut Creek, Ca 94596
(925) 478-9545 Cell
DRE Lic # 01815815
delbarco1@comcast.net
Six sales in the last few months in the Heather Farm area:

Closest match is an active listing 3 bed / 2.5 ba townhome. Listed at 520K.

Siskyiou similar bed/bath/sqft listed for 498.5K Sold for 510K on 1.17.13

It is an extremely active market out there right now and inventory of homes for sale (especially at this price point) is very low.
The best thing to do is contact a licensed real estate agent or broker in your area. They would need to take a look at the property. Every property has different amenities and location which always affect value. If you want an accurate estimate of value then this is the way to go. You can contact me I am a local broker who has sold and represented clients in your neighborhood. I can be reached at 925-200-0073. Denise Dauphinais, Better Homes & Gardens/Mason McDuffie. #DRE 00797696.
In the last 3 months in the Mt. Diablo Unified School District area, a townhouses of your approximate size averaged a sale price of $470,978. There are many factors to consider when pricing a home - condition of the home, market conditions, and marketing strategy. I'd be happy to meet with you to discuss all these factors if you're interested. Michelle Prebilic Reese. Better Homes & Gardens Mason McDuffie, 925.385.8783 4MichelleReese@gmail.com Lic 01203389
That is a loaded question. It depends on location of the property, condition and timing. But right now, properties are going for a premium. The best thing to do is to find a local expert or three and meet with them. Let them go through your home and give you their opinion of value. There will be a range, but it will give you an approximate idea of what you would get if you sold today. Let me know if would like me to be one of the Realtors you meet with. Thanks.
Web Reference: http://www.brokerdawson.com