Rebeccar, Home Seller in 77043

I am going to put my home on the market in spring branch west. i bought the home in 2002 for 168,000 and remodelling expenditures of $60,000. i dont

Asked by Rebeccar, 77043 Sat Jun 5, 2010

think many homes in my area, royal oaks have been remodelled so i am not sure how to price the home comparing it to other sales or listings. What is the standard method of calculating the value of a remodelled home? the area is surrounded by major developements in medical and retail.

Answers

4
Hello Home Seller :)

Have you listed your property for sale on the market? Please let me know the address if you have.
My regards, Toke
Tokeproperties@aol.com
If you would like for some homes in royal oaks that have sold emailed to you(remodelled and not remodelled), feel free to contact me. I would be more than happy to do so. This way you can have a better idea on pricing.
Hello there,

Working with a REALTOR® familiar with your area is your best choice in working up an appropriate pricing plan.

While remodeling expenditures aren't always completely recovered in the sale of the home, there are many variables to be considered.

Royal Oaks has the benefit of having, overall, large lot sizes, which add to the value of the properties. In the first 6 months of 2010, home sales in Royal Oaks averaged around $65.05 per square foot. Again, your home would need to be inspected and evaluated compared to these to see how it should be adjusted.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions.

-Ray L. Wade
REALTOR®
raywade@powell-realestate.com
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/raywade
Do keep in mind that you don't always toatally recoup your remodeling expenses--and you do need to be aware of recently sold similar properties in the immediate area--review the data and make a determination as to a fair listing price--comps are generally provided free of charge by most agents--therefore interview a few different agents from various realty companies, ask for comps, etc.; choose the agent you like best and choose your agent with care. In today's market, pricing and marketing are paramount.