Home Selling in Kenilworth>Question Details

Go Green, Home Seller in 17837

I am considering sale of a property in Kenilworth with a great location, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and a 100 x 100 lot size. The structure needs paint.

Asked by Go Green, 17837 Mon Oct 12, 2009

May the home be remodeled as a double, or two family?

Answers

4
Were you able to sell this property in 2009? If not, would you kindly tell us why not? Thanks for your reply to this inquiry. Regards,
Hello Go Green If you need a local realtor to answer please give me a call at 908-577-8184 John Bancey REALTY EXECUTIVES KENILWORTH NJ. EMAIL, JOHNBANCEY@REALTYEXECUTIVES.COM
Go Green,

I've gotten many inquiries this year from Home Buyers (particularly first-time homebuyers)
that are interested in purchasing a 2-family home. What I usually begin with is to determine
(from the Listing Agent or the town records) is whether the house is indeed a "legal 2-family".
This is key and other Agents will advise their prospective Buyers to check on this also. I suggest
that you check with the town (in this case Kenilworth) to determine what the zoning is for that
particular block/house. You don't want to proceed with the work (and $$) if you aren't going to be able to legally rent it as a 2-family if that is part of your plan. Most legal 2-family homes have separate
utilities (heat, electric, water) , separate compliant entrances, mailboxes, etc. A lot also depends upon whether you're doing this for yourself (so you can be the Landlord to 2 units, or owner occupy one and rent the other?), or whether you are undertaking this in the hopes of making it a more appealing property to sell.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Marilyn Holda-Fleck
Prudential NJ Properties
Marilyn.Fleck@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Hi Go Green,

You sent another email with about the same question. I will go ahead and answer your other email.

Yolanda Escobar-Flores
Graduate of Realtor Institute, GRI
Certified Residential Specialist, CRS
At Home With Diversity: One America, AHWD

Weichert Realtors
185 Elm St. Westfield, NJ 07090
*****Cellular: 908-418-1616*****
YourInvestmentMatters@hotmail.com

http://www.trulia.com/profile/YolandaEscobarFlores

http://www.linkedIn.com/in/YolandaEscobarFlores