mdshaffer, Home Owner in Fernandina Beach, FL

I am considering putting my home for sale on your site and wrote up a description in that section. However, what I saved does not appear

Asked by mdshaffer, Fernandina Beach, FL Fri Mar 7, 2014

How do you get to create a description of the property and correct the estimate? The comprehensive details that I entered show up when I go into edit mode, but do not appear on the web page when I save it.

In addition your estimate is clearly based on tax records. I paid cash for the land and this is recorded as the sale. I then paid a custom builder cash to build the house. I have my contract, cancelled checks and all receipts for all of this. So how do I get the estimate corrected. My numbers are $188,900 land cost; $348,331 initial construction cost and an additional $45,500 in further documented receipts (major additions/improvements only) = $582,731

Answers

2
MDShaffer,
Your frustration regarding evaluation is frequently repeated by home owners and sellers who suddenly realize they must overcome the venues of bad information.

I've sat at the desk of a Bank of America loan person who actually went to Zillow for a valuation. When lenders are too lazy to invest in real analysis, the home owner and home seller "Takes it on the chin!"

This is only one of the many issues that will need to be addressed. The more obstacles you can remove to make your home easier to purchase the higher the selling price will be.

If you believe TRULIA can add value to getting your home sold (it does not) you should contact a Femandina Beach Realtor. They have the resources and access to get your home to appear here......along with the incorrect valuation. You will be surprised how agile and adaptable they will be in helping you achieve your goals.

Best of success in getting your new home sold.
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
Thank you. I have already contacted a Realtor and she said that most of her buyers use the Internet to search for properties before contacting her. I believe that to be true because I used Zillow to look at properties before I purchased my new home a few weeks ago. That is why I thought I would write up a description and post it on the two most popular sites (Zillow, Trulia). I have the best knowledge of my home and am willing to spend the time to describe it. I plan on letting the Realtor post it on Trulia and with Zillow, I will give her access to my account so that she can be the contact person.
Flag Fri Mar 7, 2014
Hi, Trulia is an agent only platform at this time. All listings must be posted through a broker.

Chris
Thank you. I wish this fact was clear up front as I wouldn't have wasted my time
Flag Fri Mar 7, 2014