Steve, Home Seller in Brooklyn, OH

I am considering putting my apt on the market. Is there any fee to have a real estate agent to come over and?

Asked by Steve, Brooklyn, OH Mon Dec 31, 2007

make an appraisal? What if the estimated market price is lower than I expected and decide to not sell---is there still a fee for the time spent on the appraisal?

Answers

7
Hi Steve,

A real estate agent doesn't charge a fee to estimate the value of your apartment. But like the saying goes, TANSTAAFL. After the evaluation, you should expect to listen to the agent's pitch as to why they are the best person to sell your apartment.

Good Luck,

Jim
Web Reference: http://www.FromTheStoop.com
No fee.

However, a real estate agent doesn't do an appraisal; only a licensed appraiser does that. A real estate agent will do a CMA (comparable market analysis).

If you decide not to sell--or even if you decide to sell but not use that particular agent--there is no fee.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Steve

An agent would do a CMA (comparative market analysis) for you, no charge.

To get the most accurate information in this market, ask the agent to used sales no older than 3 months.

Best of luck
As a Realtor and part of a service organization, I consider this to be a service to the community. I quite often advise homeowners NOT to sell if it is not in their best interest.
Web Reference: http://gailgladstone.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 31, 2007
Hello, real estate agents usually do what we call a Free Marketing Analysis. I see that you live in 11238 which is one of the zip codes I work in. Feel free to give me a call for a free evaluation and it is 100% free with no obligation to sell with me.

Rhonda Holt
Licensed Agent - Specializing in Co-op & Home Sales
Awarded 1st Place in Sales for 2008 and 2009
Weichert Realtors, H.P Greenfield
Web Reference: http://www.KandHhomes.com
Any real estate agent would be more than happy to come over and give you a free estimate of your property's value. We do this in the hope that after we meet you, you will be so in awe of our professionalism that you actually hire us to help you sell your property. If we successfully sell your property, then you would pay us a fee at the closing which is usually based on a percentage of the sales price. If it turns out that you are unable to get the type of numbers you are looking for, or if you decide it is not the right time for you to sell, you can take your house off the market at anytime without having to pay any fee. That is the norm here in Brooklyn. The only time a real estate agent is actually paid a fee is when you close and get your money. Feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance.
Give me a call at (718) 698-2179 at Prosperity Real Estate Group or you can email me at CGALINDO@PROSPERITYREG.com, We are on Richmond ave as well, I can help you answer any questions you may have, this is not commitment to come with us. YOu can call and inquire about this even if you are already working with someone. Buying or selling a properity is a constitutional right, and we are here to make sure you are not provided with erroneous information. We welcome this questions because it allows us to do research for you and ourselves which we can share with others.

My Name is Caesar Galindo Office manager, and Law Student at CUNY Law School.