Emmagee, Other/Just Looking in Carneys Point, NJ

I am appealing my property taxes. how do I find comps on the internet?

Asked by Emmagee, Carneys Point, NJ Wed Feb 24, 2010

I need prices of 3 bd 2 bath ranch homes sold between 10/08 & 10/09

Help the community by answering this question:


My suggestion is to connect with a local agent - she/he will be happy to help you. This can also be an opportunity to get acquainted with a local agent which may come in handy down the road when you decide to sell.

Good luck battling the tax man - I hope you win!
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Find success at http://www.feenick.com
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 24, 2010
Hey Lynn,

>> You won't the only comp's that work be a MLS.

Do you actually READ this drivel before you post it? This isn't ENGLISH. Why would anyone look at this and want to WORK WITH YOU? Gosh Almighty!

Instead of posting 50 posts a day of useless garbage, why not post 10 that use coherent sentences? And ... stop posting answers in NJ - you don't have a clue how things work here!


The Trend MLS database DOES have taxes. So you could work with an agent to look these up. A mere hour at one of their offices would be well-spent. Whereas, it will be a real PITA to do that at your town/county offices.

Some real estate lawyers specialize in helping with your exact need. You may wish to talk to a few.

Good luck!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 27, 2010
Hi Emmagee: The internet will be of no help to you on this one. You have two choices here, either make a trip to your City offices with pen and paper where you can "research" the sales which have occurred in the community during that period, OR, contact a helpful Realtor(surely you know at least one) who can help you assemble a few logical "comps" that may be all the ammo you need for a successful review. Sorry about that run-on sentence by-the-way. Good luck with the "fight". May you be victorious!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 25, 2010
If the seller will not remove an underground tank and you want this property consider doing the following:
1. Have the soil around the tank evaluated. Use a company that will extract 3-4 soil samples (if you plan to remove the tank do not rely on tank testing as stand alone) and will send them to a laboratory for analysis. This report can be used to purchase a $100,000 policy on the tank. I know some of the answers here say that tank insurance is not enough but most clean-up costs are about $15,000.
2. The State of New Jersey has a great grant program that will pay most of the cost to remove the underground tank and pay for a new tank to be installed. So as soon as you move in if the tank is an issue to you have it removed. You can go on-line or contact our company to file for the grant money.
3. The State of New Jersey also has a grant program that will pay for any clean-up cost that is not covered by the insurance on the tank.
4. The point here is if you can use the underground tank as leverage to get a better price on a house you want the risk are low as outlined above
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 25, 2010
Thats going to be hard to do on your own with out the help of a realtor or appraiser, but one site that might help you is http://www.njactb.org
Web Reference: http://www.sjrates.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 25, 2010
Any local realty office(s) can help you, why not call and ask for the comps --don't rely on internet comps only, you do want comps from the MLS system.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 24, 2010
You won't the only comp's that work be a MLS.

Same used for appraisers, Realtors, and city

Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 24, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer