Home Selling in Daly City>Question Details

Nicole, Both Buyer and Seller in Palo Alto, CA

I am about to sell a SFH near the ocean in Daly City in the 400's. Who is a good DC listing agent?

Asked by Nicole, Palo Alto, CA Tue May 12, 2009

Answers

10
I will recommend you to visit various real estate office near you, and know which of them could offer the better services.
Hi Nicole,

Before you put the property on the market think the time frame and the $,you would like to sold the property.
I work in Daly City about 7 years,my company has 79 agent leaving in Daly City, not just doing business in Daly City,we are located close to Serramonte Mall,and 80% of ours business coming from listings or help buyers to buy properties in Daly City.
We do have connection with other local Broker in San Francisco,San Mateo,and Santa Clara County, we have robust nationalwide web marketing over 50 real estate websites like google,yahoo,odle,facebook ,twitter ,craigslist,trulia, vast,point2agent,backpage,ETC,plus
We are able to advertise locally your property in Santa Clara,San Mateo,San Francisco ,Marin,Alameda County.
if you have any questions contact me .

Domenico Di Martino
DRE 01701225

Exit Realty Wem & Associated

333 Gellert Blvd # 100
Daly City,CA,94015
Mobile (415)9945431
Listing agent should be locally,knowledgable and honestly,full service not just wrote contract,just let asistance agent to do your open house.Finally have to be come up with the right price to start listing and sold out quickly.contact me if you want more.......
It may be a good idea for Trulia to update questions to keep them relevant and current. A question about who a good agent to list a Daly City house for sale asked back in May 12, 2009 is definitely not current (although the general idea may still be relevant). It probably would also be a good follow up to feature the end result of something that got its start here on Trulia -- you know, as a "testimonial" of the effectiveness of the service(s) found on this site.

As for the question itself, you must gauge what you need from the agent who is going to "represent" your best interest in helping you achieve what you seek. For instance, a seller wants someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about his/her business and clients; someone who strives to do right by the client and those with whom s/he deals with in developing the transaction.

Having said this, I have found, like others who have commented on Trulia before, that nowadays some Realtors are going the way of the "Robo-signing" where you deal with machines, emails, voicemails, etc. I have a transaction presently where I believe I have talked with three people over the course of 60 days, and have dealt with at least 20 people who are "robo-handling" this transaction. So, if you prefer to have a real person dealing with you on that level, you ought to ask that question of the agent too.

J. Mario Preza, CRB
415.850.4361
home4less@hotmail.com
DRE 00668667
A good listing agent may not necessarily be a good buyer's agent. I have been a Realtor for 21 years and have been living and working in Daly City, San Francisco and the Peninsula areas. I have been a listing agent since I got my real estate license in 1989. To make sure you don’t make a mistake in hiring somebody to list your home, please remember the following:

1). Interview at least 3 Realtors who specialize in listing in Daly City. Remember a good buyer’s agent may not be a good listing agent and vice versa.

2). Hire someone who is a full time Realtor. You don’t want to hire a part time Realtor, full time postman or whatever maybe his or her other job is.

3). Make sure the agent you hire is not “Buying Your Listing”. Convincing you that they can sell your home for a higher price than the other agents do, and then get back to you in a month or so to lower your price because you are not getting any activity. In this market, you are competing with short sales and bank owned properties. These homes are priced aggressively and most REO’s give higher commission to selling agent up to 3.5% or higher to sell their assets faster.

4). Have them prepare a Comparative Market Analysis of your home based on today’s market and asked them how they arrive at their suggested listing price.

5). They must have a website to showcase your listing. You must have an internet presence especially in today’s market. Ask them for their Marketing Plan.

6). Don’t make a mistake of hiring an agent because they have the lowest fee in town. Remember you always get what you pay for.

7). Sign a 90 days listings so that you don’t get stuck with them should he or she does not deliver what they promise to do.

Good luck!!

Freddie Gonzales – CRS, GRI, RDCPro
Exit Realty – WEM
333 Gellert Blvd. Ste 100
Daly City, CA 94015
Lic. #: 01055679
Website: http://www.freddiegonzales.net
Direct: (415) 601-6396
I think the way to find the right listing agent for you is to interview 2 or 3 agents and allow them to show you how they plan to market and sell your property. I imagine you want someone you will like working with, answers your questions without hesitation and ask you if you have any more questions.

Today as you well know the internet is the primary way buyers find the house they will buy. You will want an agent who knows how to market your property all over the internet and show its best face. Some of the property you have seen don't even have a picture with the listing. Perhaps you know of sellers who don't get a return call in a timely manner.

So find an agent who will come and make a presentation to you and show you just what they will do for you and how it will be done. I too would welcome the opportunity to provide you quality service in real estate. ilene@ileneSellsSF.com Blessings, Ilene
Hi Nicole,

Good afternoon. I understand you have a property in Daly City near the ocean you wish to sell. I am familiar with the area and my office is located in Daly City. I have sold many homes in Daly City and the San Francisco Bay Area.

If and when you are ready I would be happy to meet with you, at a time of your convenience, and go over your real estate goals. I can prepare a Market Analysis of your properties current market value and show you how my marketing strategy can get you the highest price for your home in today's market.

I can also supply you with the names and phone numbers to satisfied clients at your request.

Feel free to give me a call with any questions you may have.

Eddie Alahwal
DRE# 01432782
REO Specialist
Century 21 Alliance
Office: (650) 991-5225
Cell: (415) 307-6022
Email: eddie.alahwal@century21.com
Web: http://www.EddiesBayAreaRealEstate.com
Hi Nicole,

I saw your question and saw that David Tapper has responded to it. I highly recommend, without any reservation, that you give him a call.

I have recently purchased a house after almost 2 years of searching. Through the entire process (which is definitely not stress free), I have talked and worked with many different realtors from different areas and companies. David is the best and the most ethical realtor I have met. He truly looks out for his client's best interest, and negotiates like he is spending his own money. I only wish I could have met him earlier so that I could work with him myself.
Hi Nicole, I work the Daly City area and can help if you need a professional agent with a good marketing plan. I am more than happy to give you a couple of sellers names and numbers who I recently represented.

I have a team of 6 agents who would be working towards the goal of selling your home for the highest and best price. Feel free to visit my website at http://www.DavidTapper.com.

Cheers,

Dave "Tap" Tapper
Cashin Company
redt4u@aol.com
650-403-6252
415-370-7195
Web Reference: http://www.TeamTapper.com
I'd love to help you Nicole. Give me a call or send over an email and we can discuss your needs and see if I would be a good fit.

Glen Mitchell
glenmitchell@remax.net
Licensed Broker in Calif. and Hawaii
415-722-6085