Spipalma, Home Seller in Redwood City, CA

I am a veteran selling my home in CA. It was purchased with a VA loan. Do I have to pay realtor commision?

Asked by Spipalma, Redwood City, CA Tue May 6, 2014

Answers

2
If you want the services of a Realtor to sell your hone, of course! If you wish to sell by owner, perhaps you have a chance of saving commission.
As a buyer purchasing with a VA loan, a veteran is not allowed to pay realtor commission. So, although it does seem obvious I would have to pay my realtor, would I also be responsible for paying the buyer's realtor commission? Perhaps I need to check with the VA Center instead. Thank you.
Flag Tue May 6, 2014
Spipalma,
Only if you want an agent to help you sell it. VA provide benefits for veterans through their loans. There are no special programs from the government that supplement an agents work on behalf of veterans. Some agents are inclined to provide added service or reduced fee schedules for Vets. Just make sure that you don't accept a lower set of fees that result in a lower set of standards.
Find the best agent you can and they will make you more money than an agent who only sells price. Thanks for your service and I hope your sale goes well.
Thank you for your response. When I sell, do I have to pay the buyer's real estate commision?
Flag Tue May 6, 2014