Sarapon, Home Seller in Arlington, VA

I am a seller, need a good appraiser, how do i find one?

Asked by Sarapon, Arlington, VA Thu Mar 1, 2012

Answers

8
Donna Knauer’s answer
I agree with the mortgage lender. No need to pay for that, when you sell your home the buyers mortgage company will do one, and they pay for it not you. Any licensed realtor can give you a comparative market analysis (CMA) or Market Analysis of homes that have recently sold around the area of your home. Although, if your house is custom built or unique in some way it may not be as easy to get comparables. Let me know if you need any additional assistance. No obligation or cost.
Web Reference: http://SmileyHomeSales.com
There are many reason a home seller may want their home appraised.
One is to establish a baseline from which the words of the visiting REALTOR can be compared.

You will find there to be many benefits to contacting a local lender (portfolio lender) that your REALTOR recommends to complete the appraisal. Don't allow the buyer to choose a big bank lender who is certain to inflict pain in the home seller, if they close at all.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
Or Google search local appraisers.

Chris
I would speak with a reputable mortgage loan originator.
Why do you need an appraisal? Money better spent marketing the home or helping the buyer pay closing cost.
Sarapon,

I can provide the names of several local, reputable appraisers. Feel free to contact me and I'll pass them along to you. If you're working with an agent already, he or she should be able to do the same. If you're looking for a free market evaluation, I can help.

Doug Wagner
Wagner Realty Group
Keller Williams Advantage
937.433.HOME (4663)
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
Hi Sarapon,

Are you selling your home by owner? If a buyer is getting financing through a bank the bank will order the appraisal. If you are looking for an appraisal of value that will vary a little from actual sales value. A bank will loan you more money on a home because they look at it as a long term purchase. The appraisal for sales value will be the last 3 months of comparable solds (I don't think they use 6 anymore). If you are flipping the home in under 90 days and need an appraisal for your side of the transaction then ask around. A lender, bank or real estate agent should be able to recommend some appraisers. See whose name comes up most.

Good Luck,
Christine