Home Selling in Florida>Question Details

Manhattan, Home Buyer in Lehigh Acres, FL

I am a seller in a short sale with Suntrust Bank. The negotiator wants to speak with me directly. Why? Has anyone had this happen to them?

Asked by Manhattan, Lehigh Acres, FL Sun Apr 10, 2011

I am a seller in a short sale with Suntrust Bank. The negotiator wants to speak with me directly. Why? Has anyone had this happen to them? What can I expect? Thanks!!

Answers

4
Just got an approval letter. Does release of lien mean a release of dificiency judgement
You are the one who is responsible to the lender. The negotiator may want additional information. They may have questions they want to hear your answer. They may have concerns about the party negotiating on your behalf. You may want to consider having a conference call with your negotiator along with your representative, be that your agent, attorney, or short sale negotiator.

i had one negotiator who wanted my client to pay outside of the escrow. They ask for money up front. It was very shady. Everything should go through escrow and be shown on the closing statement.
Web Reference: http://terrivellios.com
I recently represented a seller in a short sale who spoke with his lender regularly throughout the process. The lender may have questions about your finanical statement or other documentation.

When you speak with the negotiator, remember that your goal is to prove that you have a legitimate financial hardship. It's also important that you honestly answer their questions because you do not want to be accused of short sale fraud.
C'mon trulia family. Help!!!!!