Using Trulia in Magnolia>Question Details

John, Home Seller in Magnolia, TX

I am a homeowner, can I sell my home myself on trulia

Asked by John, Magnolia, TX Mon Mar 16, 2009

Answers

2
Trulia only accepts listings that are represented by a broker/agent. As an owner, you may create an ad in the blog section, and even upload photos and post links.

The blog attached to the link below may be of some interest to you. Good luck.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/08/thinking_about_…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 16, 2009
Can you sell your home yourself on Trulia, on Craig's list, on Ebay, in the local newspaper, on your own website? It depends. If the price is low enough, someone will buy it. If you're over-priced, it may take a long time for the market to catch up to your ambition. It also depends on your dedication. There are nearly 200 steps to selling a home. If you think your time is worth less than the amount of commission you are saving, then do it yourself. Remember, Realtors make selling look easy because they know what they're doing and you don't see all of the steps they take. If you've got the time, do it yourself, I can assure you that it will be an educational experience.

If you don't trust Realtors, see our blog post titled, "Can You Rely on Your Real Estate Agent?" If you still decide to do it yourself, then the best of luck to you.