Using Trulia in Lexington>Question Details

V, Home Seller in Lexington, TN

I am a homeowner and would like to list home on here. What do I need to do?

Asked by V, Lexington, TN Sat Oct 11, 2008

I am not a real estate agent but would like to list my home on here. My home is listed on a house trading website and I would also like to direct anyone to that page. What do I need to do to get started?

Answers

5
V
Thank you for posting this question. The great news is that you can post your home here. The bad news is that you need to list it with a Realtor.

Your main goal is to sell you home for the highest price ( or trade it). You might want to check out the link below with the latest market data.

The truth is that if you need to sell, and need to get the most money, then the only way for most people is to hire a Realtor. You may be able to sell it yourself , or conduct a trade, however know that 85% of people that start off like you eventually list their home with a Realtor.

I have a couple of suggestions that might help you.
1. Interview a few Realtors, compare their proposals. If Plan A does not work out, then you can fall back to Plan B right away. If you would like me to refer a top Realtor in your area, I would be happy to do that, no obligation or cost on your part.
2. Know that homes sold by owners like you on average sell for 16% less than those sold by Realtors. That makes sense because owners like you sell to someone they know 5% of the time, someone they don't know 5% of the time, and 85% of the time they list. So if you are only dealing with 10% of the market, that makes sense.
3. Know that just like when you bought your home, buyers see the home they purchase first with a Realtor 90% of the time. So your real market is the Realtors. You could opt for an MLS Entry ONly broker. They usually charge a flat fee to list your home, then you have to pay the buyer's agent, so you are trying to save a few percentage points. Unfortunately I track the performance of these brokers and it is not pretty.

Most listings taken do not sell, and they make up a very small portion of the market. In my MLS last quarter they had 45 listings, only 15 sold. Full service Realtors had 1800 listings and sold 1031.

Full service brokers also sold at a higher list price to sale price ratio (2-3% higher), sold in fewer days, and most listings sold.

Think about it. If you need any help just let me know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 11, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Google Free FSBO Listings and you will find many sites that are available for you. If you really want to take on the challenge yourself, TerritoryRE is right on by suggesting that you find an agency willing to charge an entry only fee. This will assure that your listing is sent to many of the sites that buyers are using to search.
Use http://www.Zillow.com. They allow you to do it without an MLS number/agent and they get tons of traffic ( more than trulia) and they have some great seller tools. Otherwise you can ask an agent if they will put your listing in the mls for a small fee that way you can use Trulia. It's called Entry Only.

To have your property included on trulia, at this time, you need to list the home through a licensed real estate professional via the MLS.
At this time Trulia does not have a platform for owners to list for sale by owner homes on this site. Please see the FAQ section for more information.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com