rocmac56, Home Seller in Chicago, IL

I NEED TO FIND THE FAIR MARKET VALUE FOR MY MOM'S HOME ON THE DATE SHE DIED (MAY 30,2011), HOW DO I FIND THAT?."

Asked by rocmac56, Chicago, IL Fri Nov 9, 2012

I DID HAVE THE HOUSE APPRISED IN OCT 2011, SOLD THE HOUSE MAY 2012 TO A FAMILY FRIEND SO WE DID NOT USE A REALTOR

Answers

5
Have an agent come to your home and do a Comparative Market Analysis. In my area we do these at no charge to the seller :)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
Try the tax bill for the property. The Cook Co Assessor may be able to look up that info
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
Compare similar homes like a comparative market analysis for the month that you sold it, and compare other similar homes to the time that she died. Divide those by the square footage and you'll get a cost per square foot. Also, you can google housing trends, and if property values had increased 5% in the difference in time, you can add/deduct the prices from the market's trends in that area.
Any local real estate office can do a search for you on MLS and give you comparable sales in her area for that time frame.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
A local realtor should be able to help you with that. They might charge a fee or they may not. In my area some agents charge a fee on the order of $200 to $300 for an opinion of value like this.