babcin5, Home Buyer in Romeoville, IL

IM SELLING MY HOUSE ON MY OWN iM ASKING 245,OOO WHAT WILL BE THE MY FINAL PAYMENT AFTER CLOSING COSTS AND ALL WHAT CAN I EXPECT BUYERS HAVE AGEN

Asked by babcin5, Romeoville, IL Fri Jun 7, 2013

T BUT I DONT HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT THIS IS IN MN

Answers

3
surely you understand the it's not what you pay in commission that's important, it's what you net.

if you save a 5% commission but sell for 7% to 10% less than if the property was listed with a broker, you net less in your pocket.

good luck
You will need attorney fee, title charge and fees, transfer taxes for the county, state and maybe municipality. You will have to pay prorated taxes to date of closing - but you would have paid those anyway and your escrow account at your lender will be reimbursed after closing - so you are just up fronting the money for past taxes and any balance outside of the escrow if past 6 months.
Then you will need to pay off your mortgage balance. Your attorney would be able to give you an idea of the exact costs. Many attorneys get a good rate with title companies and can give you the charges for that.

If you want to sell on your own, but list with the MLS, you would need to pay a commission to a selling broker. There are minimal fees for that with many brokers. I would recommend and do offer such services. I would be happy to give you a quote.

Suzanne Hamilton
Managing Broker/Owner
RE Marketing Consultants, Inc.
888-788-9544
suzanne@remarketingconsultants.com
Lets assume you close your sale after your 2nd tax payment this year. An October 1 closing for this example is good. Here are the costs you will have.

2013 tax bill (1/1 - 10/1)
Attorney fees
Title fees
Transfer fees (if any)
Selling agent commission (if any)

All in I would budget between 5-7% of the actual sale price. Cant get more specific than that without knowing the actual address, your attorney & title company, etc. Selling agent commission is also a variable.

Geoff Ommen
Broker Baird & Warner
847-271-2622
geoff.ommen@bairdwarner.com
http://www.geoffgetsit.com