Home Selling in Steele Creek>Question Details

Kathym, Home Seller in Steele Creek, Charlo...

How would I find out which realtor has the most sales and quickest closings in the past 6 months in the Steele Creek Area?

Asked by Kathym, Steele Creek, Charlotte, NC Tue Jan 3, 2012

Answers

14
Frank Diaz MBA/RA 808.723.0900’s answer
I agree with Ron and Dave. Faster and more is not better. Some companies have several people in a team, that crank out a dozen sales a month. It does not necessarily mean better service.
Sometimes owners want to try a slightly higher price (against an agent's advice) and the listing takes longer to sell. Or, they just don't have the equity to sell at a lower price, but the agent tries to work with them.
Days on the market is not the best indicator of good service. I have a few methods for screening agents that I can recommend, but the easiest is to find any agent that has had a sale in the last 4-6 months in your area, then ask that agent for the phone number of their last few sellers. That should tell you what you need to know.

Frank Diaz
(RA) MBA, e-PRO, REALTOR®
East Oahu Realty
808.723.0900 cell
808.791.2277 direct
Web Reference: http://hawaiihome.biz/
In the Charlotte area, most successful full time agents work and sell all over the city, and not just in one area (they wouldn't be able to make enough money to survive!). While it is easy for any agent to run broker stats for you, your best bet is to get referrals from family, friends and neighbors. There are a number of local agents that only list distressed properties and do very little in the way of marketing. There are other agents who sell a lot that concentrate on working mostly with buyers. Simply looking at numbers will not tell you the "whole story"! if you are ready to sell your home and are not in a distressed situation, you need to ask your potential realtor to show you exactly how they intend to market your home and get it SOLD. If you are facing a short sale, by all means, choose an agent that is well versed in the minutiae of getting a short sale to the closing table. DO NOT hire an agent that has not been specially trained and has had success listing and selling short sales. FYI, in December 2011, in the general Steele Creek area (market areas 7/2, 7/3, 7/4 & 7/5) 57 homes sold! Best success withe the sale of your home! Kathleen Turner, The Kathleen Turner Realty Group, Keller Williams.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 3, 2012
You will find, that in most cities, the "Agent" with the most SALES is probably a TEAM, made up of a senior salesperson and a bunch of other agents, bonded together to do List and Sell REO's for Lenders.
They do not have to prospect for Listings, nor Buyers.
If this is what you want; go for it.

You will find, listed on Trulia, (and answering your question,) a lot of smart and caring people who take time out from their workload, to answer questions like yours.

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 3, 2012
In what price range? Certain price ranges are moving at a rapid pace while others are creeping along. If you will e-mail me your address, then I will be delighted to prepare a Comparable Market Analysis for you. This information will help you form a strategy for pricing your home to sell quickly.

Rodney Jones
Broker NC & SC
Ben Bowen Properties
704-202-7460
Kathym,

Happy New Year! It sounds like you are going to be making some changes in this coming year, starting with finding a great Realtor to partner with you in the sale of your home.

As many of my collegues shared, the best agent to service you may not always be the one with the highest number of sales at the quickest time frame. Your circumstances may dictate that you get the best possible price from your home to leverage you into another home. It is not always the Realtor who is farming a community intensely who can give you the best price. They will often try to get you to reduce your price to a point that it makes their existing listings more easy to sell, convincing you that they are the experts in the area and know what is best for you. In the meantime, you could lose thousands of dollars in equity because it is convenient for them. Not all Realtors operate like this but there are enough of them out there that you need to be mindful in shopping for the best possible fit.

The best way to acquire the information you are seeking is through someone who is a member of the Charlotte Regional Realtors Association and can get you access to the statistics you are seeking. Call a few Realtors you have been considering and ask them to meet with you to give you their marketing strategies and bring along the statistics you are seeking as a part of the listing appointment. A good Realtor will be happy to provide you with that data because they know that they are more than the sum of thier statistics.

I wish you all the best in this journey.

Blessings upon you...
Jan Teel
TEEL Realty
704-641-0267 (cell)
hm not sure how I should answer the question, you are looking for the Bigger is Better kind of magic wand.
You know as far as working with a good solid Realtor, experienced in your area, it is really not so much how much this agent has sold, and how fast. Fast really depends on the buyers, on the agents bringing in the buyers, the listing agent can make wonderful brochures, open house events, and market and advertise your
property well and price it in a market friendly way, but at the end YOU will depend on a ready and willing buyer, with the financial background to purchase who will like just YOUR home, or it just fits their needs.

When a Realtor tells you how many homes they have sold, if they did it all by themselves, then they certainly did not have much time to communicate and inform their sellers, keep them updated about the market, if on the other hand they work with a team of different agents, and assistants then different tasks will be taken care of by very different people, like having your Family Doctor always always seeing you, whenever you need
him or her, or going to a clinic and not knowing which doctor will see you this time.... May be not exactly like that but very similar.

Select the Realtor you are working with like you would select a family doctor, attorney, dentist etc., someone you trust, you have great rapport with, and you can count on and who will be working in YOUR best interest, not just wanting to sell your property.... You also want a Realtor who has the time to discuss the market with you, make recommendations how to improve your home, like with staging, a little new paint, a better curb appeal etc. etc., all of it that keeps YOU the seller in the loop about showings and the market around takes
time ..... So get some recommendations, sit down with them and see what they say about your home, its
market value, what they intend to do as far as marketing and advertising goes and how much time they think it may take (very hard to tell though in today's buyers market - therefore as a seller you should be patient unless you just want to sell at any price)....

Make a good decision, and pick the honest, straightforward, truly good agent and good negotiator and
communicator, as he or she will be negotiating on your behalf, if and when the right buyer comes along.

I like to limit the number of concurrent listings so that I am able to take good care of my home owners, and care for their homes in every which way as if they were my own, I can always be reached and always respond quickly to my clients and keep them informed about the market on a very regular basis..... and of
course I also work with buyers and investors as time permits....

When you find the Realtor you get along with, and you trust most, make sure you do listen to his or her
suggestions how to present your home in its most positive way, doing everything right in the beginning incl.
putting the house on the market at the most competitive pricing helps you in the end getting your home sold.

Hope this helps a little and gives you a little different insight.... Good Luck to you... and a happy 2012

Edith YourRealtor4Life~! and Chicago and Northern Illinois & North Shore Expert
working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, buyers, sellers and investors alike...
Edith Always goes the X-tra Mile with a Smile for her clients!
Check out her website and extra pages and get to know her as a person and find out about
her expertise and services at http://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
I'd be happy to help you get the comparison you'd like from the MLS. We've been very successful getting homes sold while saving our clients thousands, so I'd be happy to share my stats as well and see if our program is a good fit for your situation.

- Don
Owner / Broker
Don Anthony Realty
http://www.DonAnthonyRealty.com
704-644-1467
Kathy one myth is bigger is better, it is not always better. Interviewing an agent who is expereinced with yoru area and type of home is a better start, ask what teh y charge and what you get for what their services. You want full time, full service and a local agent who will guide you through each step of the selling service. Ask if they show their own properties during showing appointments, do they use unassistaed showings, are they there during inspectiosn and the appraisal. bigger may be too busy to do the little things that you may want or need them to do
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
The better question would be "how do I find an agent that can sell my house for the best price in the fewest number of days?" The best way is to interview 2-4 agents that currently work in your area. Call the offices in the area and talk to the Broker in Charge and ask for an agent that fits your needs. I know that at the Allen Tate Steele Creek office we would be happy to talk with you!
Best of luck,
Kim Overman
BIC Allen Tate
Kathym,
You would need access to the MLS to see which homes have sold and by whom. I can pull that information for you. When it comes to an important decision like selling your home you want to make sure you have a Realtor that you can trust who is going to work with your best interests in mind. Interview a couple agents and see who you feel will do the best job. I live in the Steele Creek area and would love to talk to you about selling your home. Give me a call 704-906-6447 or shoot me an email Anise@RealEstateByAnise.com
Kathym,

It does not matter who the Realtor that had the most closings and quickest... There are a lot of variables involved when it comes to a Real Estate transaction. I have been involved in some where other agents had a listing and I took it after it expired and sold it in under 3 days. I have had others where it has taken me months. The one thing that separates Realtors is what they are going to do to market your home. how aggressively are they going to market it in this competitve market? Do they use video? Do they blog? How many photos do they take? What type of descriptions do they write? All these factors play into whether a Realtor is right for you or not.

I have taken a lot of pride in the fact I utilizze technolgy and the wants of a home buyer to my advantage in listggn homes and have had moderate to great success in getting homes sold.

I think you need to talk to a couple of Realtors and see which one is best suited for your needs...I could sell all my homes quickly if I price them substantially below market value...But the Realtor you want is one who will work for you to get not only your home sold quickly; but for the most amount of money......
Web Reference: http://www.davedicecco.com
Look for the one with the most signs. However this may not be the best fit for you. You may want to work with the realtor you feel most comfortable with. I am always interviewing for the position. Just give me a call or email.
Kathym, I would be glad to run that information for you. Please send me an email or give me a call.

David Proicou,
Realtor, Broker
704-965-3409 mobile
704-377-7304 fax

david@mytownhome.com
http://www.mytownhome.com/agents/David_Proicou
http://www.lifesharecarolinas.org

My Entire Inventory of VisualTours
http://www.visualtour.com/inventory.asp?U=167154
http://www.mytownhome.com
http://www.maisonproperties.com
http://www.myhomeleasing.com
Hello Kathryn,
You would need access to the MLS in order to find this information out, however, you can call your local brokerages directly and they can often tell you who their top producers are. Most often, they can direct you to a qualified agent. I hope this helps!