Home Selling in Brooklyn>Question Details

barbarac913, Home Seller in Brooklyn, NY

How will the hurricane effect the market in Marine Park?

Asked by barbarac913, Brooklyn, NY Fri Nov 9, 2012

Answers

4
Rhonda Holt’s answer
Well right now Hurrican Sandy opened up the eyes to home buyers and sellers in Brooklyn to know where the most volunerable areas are. It will most likely make buyers stray away from certain areas that they thought was good for them. Also, some sellers may be ready to sell sooner than later.

The big question is:How will the hurricane shift the prices in Marine Park due to Sandy?

No one has a crystal ball, but the ball is in the buyer's court right now so we shall see how it plays out.
Hello Barbara. The hurricane has placed greater demand on the inventory here in Long Island, especially the rental market, as more residents whose homes were devastated are looking for more of a permanent residence. However, the long term effects cannot be precisely predicted.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
http://cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
http://devontesellsny.wordpress.com/
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
Dear barbarac913:

Actually, Marine Park faired very well during Hurricane Sandy. Although there was a temporary loss of power, there was very little or no water/physical damage to peoples homes or the infrastructure. Marine Park is high enough above sea level and far enough away from the water that we thankfully were not greatly effected. As a matter of fact, there is probably higher demand for homes in Marine Park right now based on these facts! My office is located in Marine Park and I have personally been selling homes in the neighborhood since 1993.

In addition, even before the storm, demand for homes in Marine Park has been on the upswing because it is a great neighborhood with great schools and a strong sense of community. Plus homes in Marine Park are relatively affordable especially taking the benefits of living here into consideration. The neighborhood has had and continues to have very high demand.

In my opinion the prognosis for the Marine Park real estate market is very good and demand along with property values will continue to go up as we move forward in time. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me direct. Thank for the question!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Depends, eventually repairs will be made....