Home Selling in Irvine>Question Details

Jennbanes, Renter in Irvine, CA

How to sell our 4 3 house in irvine to investors without being ripped off?

Asked by Jennbanes, Irvine, CA Sat Jan 26, 2013

We have a nice house, but it is desperate need of TLC that we don't want to put into it. It would never pass a home inspection, so we are targeting investors and flippers? What's the best way to make sure we do not get swindled and sell way under value?

Answers

23
Why target investors and flippers only when there are so many serious home buyers looking to buy and live in a the home and at the same time remodel the way they like it.
You can sell the home at fair market value AS IS based on its present condition, or give credit to the buyers for repairs so you don't need to fix it.
As you know it's a sellers' market and this gives you leverage on what direction you would like to go.
I will be happy to answer any questions you may have if you need further assistance.

Nick Singh, Broker
Nationwide Realty
949-400-1330 cell
nicksingh1@cox.net

DRE Lic #01031045
If you haven't sold your home yet I can help you. I have a BPOR designation ( Broker price opinion resourse) so I can provide you a BPO in addition to CMA that most agents will provide you.
I am also experience in fixing and flipping and can also give you an idea how much will it take to fix the property. Once I convince you on the right value I will sell it for top dollars as well.
Please check my website http://goldstoneCArealty.com
Ria Chekuri , Broker-owner at Goldstone California Realty. 714-423-7600
Just wanted to follow up. How did this turn out for you? I like checking in on folk in situations such as yours. I like to learn from experiences. Thank you for your time.

Feel free to call me or email me.
949-777-2109 - Direct
951-210-2101 - Cell
eddie.deleon@yahoo.com

Respectfully,

Eddie W. de Leon
Senior Loan Officer
DRE Broker #01393751
I recommend looking into seller financing. This way, you can sell to someone for a much higher price than a cash investor. You can attract business owners that don't qualify for a loan because of their employment type. Act as the bank, get a higher price and take a note.
Hello Jennbanes,

I suggest you have your home appraised prior to listing it. Then list it for it's TRUE appraised value. You still may get invertors who want to low ball you, especially if your home is in poor condition.

But remember the key in Real Estate: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!!!

Irvine is highlyy desired, your home may not be as bad as you thin, do not sale yourself too short.

Best of Luck to You!
Kawain Payne, Realtor
Hi again, Jenn. I noticed that one of your respondents suggested that you hire an appraiser, instead of asking 2 or 3 local agents to give you their opinion of the value of your house. There are two BIG problems with hiring an appraiser instead of getting the value opinions from agents.

First, an appraisal will cost you at LEAST $300, probably more.

Second, an appraiser bases their data on homes that sold as far away as 6 months ago, which would usually provide you with a value that is lower than "today's" value.

A good agent will base their opinion upon what is happening in your neighborhood over the past few weeks, with an anticipation of how the market is actually looking at this very moment.

As I suggested earlier, NOW is an extreme seller's market, meaning that you should price a little higher, so as not to leave some of YOUR money, on the table.

They also pooh-poohed any agent offering you a reduced commission, as somehow being a choice for inferior service - that could NOT be further from the truth. One factor has little to do with the other. When you interview a few agents - which you should - ask to see PROOF of what they're prepared to do for your business.

An agent who has successfully served their clients for 2 or 3 decades - in this area - ( Like I have.) should have no difficulty proving their track record, and with giving you a promise - in writing - of experienced, and successful results.
Hi Jen,

I think everyone missed your question, regardless if you use a Realtor or not, every investor and house flipper (also investors) are out to get the best possible deal they can from anyone they buy from.

Every real estate agent is going to say list it with them. (It is a proven fact that a Realtor will get you more for your home than if you were to sell it on your own).

First you need to know the value of your home. A ton of real estate agents can provide you with comparative market analysis, but if you have no intention on using one, then just hire an appraiser to get you your value. It is not fair to the agent to waste their time putting together a CMA if you have no intentions on listing it with them.

As for commissions, etc. I see someone said never more than 1.5% to the listing agent. Each agent values their time differently, and the difference between of a great listing agent is they will get you top dollar for the house as opposed to someone who just wants another sign in your yard to attract buyers and will encourage you to take an offer so they can get their commission check.

I am not asking for a listing (I only processing the transactions) but if you are looking for a great referral, I can put you in touch with the agent who has sold the most amount of homes in your neighborhood and who will more than likely have buyers looking for a home just like yours, even in the condition it is in.

View my website at http://realestatepaperpushers.com and either fill out the contact form or give us a call. Ask to speak with our agent referral department.

Best wishes
Your best option is to find a reliable Realtor who will protect your interest.
Remember that with foreclosures making up nearly 25% of the homes sold , there are enough “fixer-uppers” on the market today – and all of those foreclosures are going to be priced a whole lot better than your home is. So, unless you want to drop your asking price WAY below market value, either make some improvements or rewrite your listing.
Web Reference: http://www.realtypin.com
You need to interview few agents and hire the one that you believe can do the job well! this is the market that you can sell your house regardless of the condition of your house. I have some suggestions that I would definitely think would benefit you, please call me @ 949-514-4177
Hire and work with a Realtor at Irvine who is member of the Orange County Association of Realtors, California Association of Realtors, and National Association of Realtors.

Such a Realtor should have experience with properties in Irvine and be able to provide you with lots of information on value, general cost of needed improvements for increasing value, and refer you to qualified contractors,

Your Realtor would have an ethical obligation to be competent to handle sale of properties at Irvine and tell you and others the truth.

Harrison K. Long, professional real estate representative, Coldwell Bankerr broker associate, Realtor, GRI at Irvine, CA.
DRE 01410855
http://www.Irvine-HomeValues.com
Web Reference: http://www.LiveAtIrvine.com
Avoid investors and flippers.
Hello.

What I can suggest is a couple of things to help you with this:
1). Of course have a realtor come out and give you what the market is doing right now for a price of the home
2) Have it inspected to see what conditions will change the pricing as you don't want to get into a contract and then find out the buyer want to take more money off due to their inspection
3). Myself I would have it staged and a professional photographer to put your home in the best possible way to get a higher price
4). Be sure the Realtor has paid all the dues to be an agent 1-1-2013
5). You will also want an agent who is a full time and not part time.
6). I would interview a couple of agents to see if thy meet this criteria and how they will be helping you. There are questions you can ask that make some agents uncomfortable when these questions shouldn't
If you have any questions please ask me. Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
List with an agent. If the investor is also an agent, who's interest do you think he might be looking out for? Probably not yours... Call me and I would be happy to discuss your options with you. I can take a quick look at your home to give you an honest opinion of condition. Your home may be worth more than these investors are offering you regardless of condition. I always receive blind, low ball offers on my listings from investors and it drives me nuts. Most of the time they are just out there fishing to find a good deal.

Michelle Gonzalez DRE# 01427179
RE/MAX College Park Realty
562-572-5224
Michellegonzalez411@gmail.com
The best way to handle the sale of your home is to choose a real estate agent who would be representing you and looking out for your interest. An experienced agent would be able to give you the information you need in order to price your home fairly and take you through the entire process of the sale from beginning to close of escrow. You don't need to focus only on investors and flippers because there are so many other buyers besides investors ready, willing and able to purchase homes right now, many of whom have cash and don't need a lender. I would be happy to meet with you at your home to go over all the details and answer any questions you have, no obligation. Please call or text me at 949-350-1484, or email me at carstocks@hotmail.com.

Warm regards,

Carol Stocks
Evergreen Realty & Associates, Inc.
DRE #00868269
4/3 house in IR ... is precious and hot commodity, I know so because I live and work in Irvine. It seems you are probably overwhelmed with the superficial or cosmetic issues of the property. Even the most beat-up homes are seen as an opportunity for the new home owners to decorate it in their "OWN" style. It is critical for a Realtor to evaluate the condition of the property in person. And you need to meet the Realtor as well, so you understand how his Service and Marketing Plan will benefit YOU.

Expose your property to widest spectrum of buyers ... keeping it limited to handful of investors is not very pocket friendly. Do you think "investors" will give you the best price for your property? It is certainly the QUICKEST way to sell, NOT the best way to sell. A buyer who values your property as their future HOME will offer you the best price. Emotions have a price tag; do not expect that from an investor.

As far as inspections are concerned, I have three cash buyers waiting for similar opportunities. ALL cash buyers are NOT investors, some like to fix and occupy it.

Realtors have fiduciary duty to watch for the interests of their clients and they will offer you their knowledge, experience, tools and resources to market your property and get you the best price market can offer. Do not rush, never under estimate the jewel in your hand until you have it properly evaluated.

Call me for a 25- 30 minute appointment to visit your place, I will explain you the merits of your property that can get you the most money. It is worth yours and my time, may be I can represent you and one of my buyers at the same time.

All the best!

Deepak Chauhan
Realty ONE Group
Irvine
deepak@housesinsocal.com
Cell: 949 748 9834
Be happy to provide you with a Compative Market Analysis to show you the current market value of your home. You can email me at: cfleming@coldwellbanker.com. Thank you.

Thanks for contacting us here onTrulia. You have received some great ideas and advice from some of the top agents in Orange County.
I'd like to meet up or do a conference call for like 7 mintues. You'll have some fantastic information and you can make your decision.

P.S. Feel free to check out my profile and reviews here on Trulia.

Alex Vargas
Weichert Realtors
(714) 269-8775 Mobile

http://www.AlexSellsSoCal.Com
AlexVargas2009@gmail.com
Depending on how fast you want to sell I can help you ascetain the maximum value in it's present condition with the least hassle of selling. I am an independent Broker so am flexible with the fees.
I will be happy to meet and provide a free consultation and dicuss the various scenarious for the sale.
If you are interested please let me know- Thanks
Jennbanes,

First speak with a Realtor to give you an opinion on value of your home as is. I would then contact my many flippers and ask them to provide bids. I work directly with flippers buying at court house steps. I would then place the home on the MLS and get the best price possible right now. It's a hot market and you would be surprised what you would get. If you need some help call or email me.

Joe Homs, Realtor/Investor
949-625-4533
Joe@joehoms.com
Web Reference: http://Thehomsteam.com
Call me and I can explain how you can benefit. I am an investor who has rehabbed 100's of properties. I have a general contractors license and a licensed broker. 949-705-9889
I would be happy to meet with you and take a look at your house to see what it needs and work with you to determine the best way to market your home. I have buyers looking for homes that haven't been able to find what they are wanting so I might even have a buyer for your property built in. Shoot me an email and I can meet with you tomorrow afternoon if you would like. I will be in Newport Beach in the morning and can meet with you after that. Of course there is no obligation to work with me and no cost to you for a market analysis and some ideas on how best to sell your home.

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
714-585-5236 Cell
DRE 01405146
estatepricing@yahoo.com
Today's SEVERE seller's market is an ideal time to sell such a property. Just interview 3 agents to ascertain their impression of the value, and then list it for 5 or 10% higher than their estimates.

If it hasn't gone into escrow in 2 weeks, drop the price 1% every 2 weeks until it does.

This is no time to be selling too low.

It is also a good time to negotiate with the listing agent. Dismiss any agent who wants more than 1.5% on the listing side, while offering no more than 2.5% on the selling side. ( And no more than 3% total, to an agent who double-ends the property - representing both buyer and seller.)

That should save you some money, also.

Bob Phillips, Realty One Group
If you have equity in the house I would be willing to fund all the repairs and get it in great shape so you can get top dollar for it.