Question Details

Voices Member,  in

How to select a Realtor to sell your house when you are a mortgage loan officer dealing with many Realtors?

Asked by Voices Member, Wed Jun 23, 2010

Answers

7
Interesting question and all I can think of is a glaringly obvious answer:
Select a realtor the way anybody should- interview carefully, choose wisely and act in your own interests.

I would think you actually have an advantage because you have seen many agents in action and you must know the great, not so great and everything in-between.

You have to not worry about agents' feelings at this point. A good agent (and decent person) will not withhold business from you just because you chose someone else.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 23, 2010
this can become a difficult one...

as a Realtor who's been in the position of not-chosen, before. I'd say the least painful answer was "I gave it to her, because she works in my area, deals in my kind of properties, successfully, and has brought me the most business (ie: she'd referred more loans to him than I had)...

a reasonable "pick", in my mind.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 23, 2010
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
I like Joan's answer. To elaborate on it, check out the blog attached to the link below.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/12/i_ve_got_my_fin…

However If it were me, I would have some fun with it. I would invite some over to your house for drinks, and horsey durvers and have a drawing. Turn it into a party. It would also serve as a sort of brokers preview.
John,
I have a niche market and specialize in marketing older properties. If there is an agent who specializes in your neighborhood, style of home, or even an agent that specializes in working with Mortgage Lenders, then you will be able to clearly explain why you have chosen to work with them.

Reynolds Bickerstaff
Obviously, being a Realtor, I would hope that you would select me. But, in reality you have to pick the best agent for you. You should select several and give them the opportunity to do a listing presentation. Just because you have been dealing with them as a lender does not mean they are the best one for you. I can't imagine any Realtor not using you as a lender if they have been dealing with you all along. When we find a lender we trust, we hold onto them. Good Luck in selling your home. I used to live near your area and there are plenty of good agents there!
oh what a tangled web we weave........!!
Most agents know you work with many other agents.
Ask all of your favorites if they'd like to interview for the job. Tell them you want to see their marketing plan and compare them to each other.
Search a couple of their current listings on line.
Use concrete reasons why you pick the one you do. It's like an essay contest. If you give them all a shot, they can't be mad.

Or.....Use someone you don't even know!