Pbz, Other/Just Looking in Santa Barbara, CA

How to find out which realty agent sells the most land/lots in Santa Barbara?

Asked by Pbz, Santa Barbara, CA Sat Apr 21, 2012

We haven't had luck selling our property and our agreement has expired. How can you find out which real estate agent in Santa Barbara has sold the most undeveloped land, empty lots?

Answers

7
It is all about great pics and exposure. We are literally the very best by far at both. Our website gets more views in one day than most agents get all year!!!

Check us out at SantaBarbaraCalifornia.com

Douglas Thron
805 450 2882
SantaBarbaraCalifornia.com
I am interested in buying land in santa barbara. why dont you email me the particulars?
wmeller@gmail.com
It will be more about the price of the property. If it is too high then the best agent in town can't sell it for you. I will be closing an escrow this week on a lot that the sellers were willing to negotiate down on the price and that is why we were able to sell it. Buyers determine what the property is worth.
Land is a very different animal and values can be variable because of unknowns. I have extensive experance in land as I previously bought, entitled, and developed land for large developers like Pulte Homes & Ryland Homes. Please feel free to call or visit our site. Rich van Seenus 805-284-6330
Web Reference: http://Birchvanseenus.com
That's going to be a tough one because many land sales are not done through the MLS, which is usually where you can track an agent's experience the easiest without actually interviewing the agent(s) in person. You may want to drive around looking at lots with "Sold" signs on them in your area and contact the sellers to ask about their agent.
Another consideration: your problem might not be your agent. Is the land in a good location? Is it priced appropriately? I sell lots and land, though not in your area (see my current listing in Palo Alto), and I turn down several listings each year that are either 1) just not usable land (such as a remote hillside that errodes every time it rains), 2) located in a neighborhood overcome by urban blight, or 3) not worth half the price the seller wants for it. I hope none of these apply to your situation, but regardless, you need to consider what you can do to help your agent help you.
The MLS system is the Great Equalizer in real estate these days. You enter a listing and you get it out there in front of thousands of agents and 10 million internet visitors. You can be the biggest real estate boob in the world and just licensed and on day 2 and as long as you enter it correctly it will reach the other agents who have buyers. My feeling is that it did not sell before because it was not priced correctly and an over priced lot, or home, will not sell no matter who the agent is. There is no more magic up the sleeve of that agent then any other agent. If it has some objection, like location or under power lines or next to a city dump, then price is the only thing that you can use to make it sell. It's usually all about price, not what agent listed it.
Im not so sure that the one who has sold just the "most" land is your answer. I believe you need to find an agent who is familiar with and has experience in selling lland as well as homes etc. Not to mentionthe process of dealing with the City/county. Typicaly a buyer is going to want to conduct a feasability study on the land and to address questions to an architech, etc. Do you have plans for this lot? Are they approved, fully stamped etc. I do understand the process and have those connections if your interested in discussing it with me. 26 years exp. Feel free to call me. 805-565-4032, or 805-886-2211
Your AIA may be able to get your plans re-instated. I sold a lot in the burn area, it wasnt easy and it had to be priced well, however what made the sale was the seller was willing to subordinate a small second for the buyer. Let me know if you want to discuss any further..Tim Prudential CA
Flag Sat Apr 21, 2012
We had gorgeous plans drawn up by a very good architectural firm in town, and approved by the Architectural Board of Review, but the permits have since lapsed. It has electrical to the land already, and is in Santa Barbara city on a residential street, not in a burn area. I assume that someone who has sold a lot of undeveloped lots in the area would also know how to deal with the city/county, and would have some good connections.
Flag Sat Apr 21, 2012