Lawrence Ros…, Home Seller in Yorktown Heights, NY

How to attract buyers to outstanding home.?

Asked by Lawrence Rosedale, Yorktown Heights, NY Thu Jun 20, 2013

What features excite qualified buyers.

Answers

8
PRICE, PRICE, PRICE. That is what excites buyers the most. Do not overprice a house. Yes there is a uptick in the market and you can take advantage of it. But if your home was on the market at price A, and there was no activity, then dont raise it to price B because the market is up. Bear in mind interest rates went up a hole point this pat month. So pricing is key what will draw a buyer to you. then the other comments about Updated Baths and Kitchens are great. But in my opinion if buyers dont like the ktichen or baths, they will change them to there liking. what makes me feel good for my buyers is how are the bones of the house. How old is the roof, the heating system, hot water tank, septic system. have there been any issues with the above. is there a service history and warranties for these systems and appliances. Does the seller offer a home warranty to buyer. are you offering an incentive to buyers in form of credit for part of closing costs.
I will just stick to the features that excite qualified (first time) buyers:

1. Updated kitchen and baths
2. Open floor plan - family room/kitchen combo
3. Great deck
4. Finished basement
5. Fenced in back yard

What does not excite them:

1. Formica in kitchen
2. Pink, Green, Yellow, Blue & Black bathrooms
3. Pine or plastic paneling
4. Laundry in scary basements
5. Basements that can't be finished

Sally Griffiths
Hi, Take great pictures for the online marketing, curb appeal, de clutter, updated kitchens and baths, and finally price it right! Good luck.

Chris
Hi Mr Rosedale!
Here's my personal formula for getting buyers attracted to an outstanding home:
1) Make sure the home is in good condition, not cluttered
2) Make sure the price is right
3) Make sure the pictures are professionally done
4) Have a narrated video of the home done so you can stress what pictures alone can't
5) Get it onto all of the internet sites you can...including social media sites
5) Hire an agent who can help you do all of the above!

*Buyers are paying a lot for their home, even with the prices down. They don't want to inherit problems. So get your home ready for a "blind date." Make it look great and fix what doesn't work. Dated homes take longer to sell or sell for way less than if you made an investment to get it updated....even if it's just needing a new coat of neutral colored paint!

*If the price is wrong, everything else won't fix it. Buyers know what homes are selling for.

*I've seen a lot of home photos in almost 30 years of being in the business. The worst one was taken in the dark with headlights of a car illuminating the front of the house. Yes...this was really done!
Photos shouldn't be done with a smartphone.

Hope I've answered your question!
Hi Lawrence: There are many ways to attract buyers. Houses are valued by a combination of location, school district, property, condition, size, etc. The price is the bait that you use to attract buyers. The key is to create the best package of all of these items in your segment. As soon as all these items are in synch with your price, you'll sell next (assuming there are some buyers in your segment). You'll want to overcome any fatal flaws. The more you can expand your detailing the better. House should be move-in & without deferred maintenance. Landscaping gorgeous. Lots of vignettes for buyers to get excited about ("Does it feel like home?" for the buyer). No risks for the buyer (consider getting the house inspected & repairing the issues before you come on the market). Lastly, make sure you have an expert managing the sale to the other agents in your segment. Real estate agents speak a language of their own & you need somebody on your team to "talk the talk." I'll be happy to tell you more if you want. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty, http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com, 914-273-9688.

We're looking for more agents & offer commission splits up to 90% with no fees.

If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $2,000 each for your agent recruits.
Hi Lawrence. Qualified buyers like a well maintained home. Having an updated kitchen and / or baths are very attractive as well because this is extra money that the prospective buyer does not have to put into the home. These are just a few.

I see that you live in Yorktown Heights. I also am a resident and Realtor in Yorktown Heights. If you are selling your home by owner, I'd be happy to come by to give you more suggestions. I also have a great kit that I can send you that will assist you greatly in the sale of your home.

I work for the #1 Real Estate Company in the U.S., Keller Williams Realty and we have recently won the 'Best in Yorktown" for the best Real Estate Company in Yorktown by the Yorktown Chamber of Commerce. Feel free to contact me via email or phone anytime and I'd be happy to assist you in any way I can.

Christina Nardulli | Keller Williams Realty Partners | 914.494.6338 | viewhomeswithchristina@yahoo.com
Lawrence,
Seems you are consdiering the FSBO option. (Your profile does not reveal you are an agent)

The art of crafting a message to a well defined audience using the appropriate appeal and delivery process is not easily mastered when one does this but a few times in their lifetime. The BEST designed program can be completely defeated, derailed, doomed by simply using Why instead of what, or using but instead of and, using orignian instead of authentic.
-
You best opton is to buy a bigger sign and list the features:
4 bedroom
Master suite
Split floor plan
Pool
Enclousure with lania & outdoor kitchen
Open kitchen w/island (gourmet)
New roof
New HVAC
Grandma comes with the house!
Updated kitchens and bathrooms are always big selling points. A nice big master bedroom & private bath are also very desirable. If you're selling your home, I'd talk to your Realtor and see what he/she thinks you need to do in order to attract the most buyers.