Home Selling in Sacramento>Question Details

Art Clark, Other/Just Looking in Sacramento, CA

How often do listings appear on Trulia with the wrong photos?

Asked by Art Clark, Sacramento, CA Thu Oct 4, 2012

We are real estate photographers, not realtors! We post our photos and tours to Metrolistmls. Sometimes the listings we shoot appear on Trulia without photos, the wrong photos, without the tour, etc. Does anyone know why this happens and what we can do about it?

Answers

10
This happens quite often. Not sure how the Trulia feed works to gather information.
However, I also know that many of the listings are not really active/for sale any longer. Some have sold years before, but something at Trulia triggers the listing to reactivate. Then there is a listing on Trulia, but nowhere else and people start stopping by a house that is NOT for sale.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Hey everyone, thank you for sharing your feedback. I am a Community Manager at Trulia and wanted to share my two cents on this topic.

At Trulia, we get our listing information from a variety of sources including directly from brokers, agents, MLS's and 3rd party listing syndicators. We then use our proprietary algorithm and business logic to display the most accurate and comprehensive listings

We recommend that you first contact the listing agent to make sure that their listing information is up to date. You can then reach out to our customer service team if you need support in updating the listing on Trulia, we are always listening and here to help you.

You can email customer service at customerservice@trulia.com or reach me directly if you'd like community@trulia.com. I am happy to be a resource!

Best wishes,
Ali, Community Manager
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
A lot ! because trulia took old info from old property history
Go this link to complain directly to Trulia:

http://www.trulia.com/help/ask/

or call Trulia: Please call us at 888-466-3501 Monday - Friday 7am to 4pm PST, or send us an email using the form on the link:

Here was a similar complaint:

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Property_QandA/this_is_not_the_…
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
I have seen it once and I did report to Trulia (was not my listing) and they did fix.

My guess with your scenerio :

1. Are your photos added to MLS AFTER the listing is first input? Make sure photos are attached BEFORE property is set to active on MLS. Some of the feeds do not re-feed photo changes.

2. Have the agents you are working with check their listings on Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com to make sure info and photos are correct. Depending on what company and what MLS, there may or may not be a direct feed to Trulia and it may be coming from List Hub. (by the way of my listings came thru using an old cancelled listing with another company- Trulia could not fix, I had to delete off my Trulia profile, my feeling is the issue is with List Hub, they need someone that understands each MLS and matching the data fields correctly)

3. Use Postlets to send listings to non MLS sites.
You've seen the "why" as stated below ... How to fix? Contact the listing agent and have them post the correct pictures directly to Trulia.
It can happen in the transfer of listing from List Hub to trulia, the KEY for you as a listing agent is to edit and maintain your LISTINGS yourself on Trulia by simply clicking the edit button. Do not rely on auto feeds.
I have not heard of this happening on Trulia before, but I guess it could. Hackers have copied my pictures from craigs list and used to create bogus listings before. Agents can also create listings through other venues and syndicate to Trulia as well...
Art...

I've not seen something like this.

I think most of us these days take our own photos and videos... or have folks that work for us that do.

When I put a listing up there I don't rely on Metrolist for photos or video alhtough they may go out there and take one of the front view.
Art,
Be aware Truila DOES NOT GET DATA FROM THE MLS. In their own words here's the scoop:
-
"Trulia receives this listing from ListHub, a third party listing provider. As part of Trulia's syndication agreement with ListHub, Trulia has agreed to limit data edits on core fields (e.g. price and status) specified by ListHub.
-
Data integrity is all about....hmmmm,,,,there is none! The data is folded, spindled, stapled and mutilated as they see fit. One would be well advised to understand, the business objective is to sell advertising to real estate agents, mortgage brokers, and insurance providers. Often that involves the ability to restore the original content.
-
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to advise/inform/guide citizens to realize aggregate websites like Zillow and Trulia are for entertainment purposes, not for serious buyers or sellers seeking actionable data. Those who are uninformed willl pursue the illusion of homes for sale and the vapors of homes sold long ago.