John, Home Buyer in Murfreesboro, TN

How much would you list my house for?

Asked by John, Murfreesboro, TN Thu Jan 5, 2012

I know this is a loaded question. We paid 160k in 2010 for just over 1600 sq. feet in West Murfreesboro. While we aren't necessary looking to sell today, this may be a shorter stay than we originally thought. Given all things equal at the time that we bought it (no new upgrades, and assuming we paid what we should have for the area), what would a house such as this list for today?

Answers

6
It is critical that you interview several rela estate agents to see exactly how much you can get for your house and explain to them that you are not looking for a profit, just to break even with this transaction. These interviews represent a good chance to find the right agent for you, somebody likeable, highly skilled and more important, somebody that will click with your needs right away. Real estate commissions are negotiable.

Maria Cipollone
Century 21 Tenace
In order to determine value, invite a few local agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, ask opinions and go from there; cma's are provided free of charge by most agents; or consider hiring a professional appraiser.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 6, 2012
I agree with Anna Brocco 100% This method will cover the two main challenges a seller faces. What price will my home realistically sell for in today's market and what real estate professional should I hire.

Brian Clark
Keller Willliams Realty
615.663.1884
sellwithbrianclark@gmail.com
New houses sell for around $100 a Square Foot in the Boro. It looks like you paid top dollar. After 6% commission, paid by the seller, you are in the hole $9,600 Plus. Unless you have a person that is in a hurry to move in, you are out of luck to break even. Sorry
Hi John,
In order to give you a fair market price, more information is needed about your home. If you paid about $100 Sq foot just a few years ago, you may or may not see a substantial increase. It also depends on the age of your home, if you have competing new contruction, is your home all brick, bonus room, two car garage..... things like these will determine the value of your home today.

A few things you need to consider is your "why" of moving. Did you put some money down when you bought, you might have equity to sell. Are you relocating because of a job? Selling a home is as big a job as buying one, and you need the right team of experts to guide you along the way.

When the time comes for you to make the call, I would be happy to help you sort out the jungle of home selling. I am here when you are ready! 615-427-8858
Lara Ramsay, Exit Realty

http://www.ramsayrealtor.com
Real estate consultant and Specialist
Multi- Million Dollar Producer
A local agent can let you know what the current cost per square foot is for your neighborhood.
You can then use that figure (plus or minus depending on your motivation) to have your property listed.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com