Home Selling in Houston>Question Details

Trulia Houst…, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

How much of a difference does staging a home make?

Asked by Trulia Houston, Houston, TX Tue Apr 9, 2013

Answers

11
Yes, regardless of whether the home is occupied by your client or if it is vacant, it should be staged.

1. If the occupied it is imperative to get the clutter out and use a designer eye to accentuate the positive using your client's existing furniture. This must be done subtly as your clients want the least intrusion on their lives. You build trust and become the expert with your experience, suggest that your client, contact your staging specialist. My recommendation is to use http://www.showcasestaginghouston.com.

2. If you lack the experience, trust an expert stager, Teresa, tailors the staging service to address my clients taste and the overall style of the home while incorporating pieces that would appeal to a wide variety of buyers. Once the home was staged, the activity immediately increased and an offer was put on the home within a few days of staging.
Thank you Dan, We appreciate your referrals.........
Flag Tue Apr 9, 2013
In this market, homes are selling as quickly as listed ... just had a situation with a marginal property, on which we offered $15k over asking price, and didn't get it (ten offers in 24 hours). So staging won't necessarily make the difference between a sale and a home languishing on the market. What it will do, however, is push the price toward the top of the range for the area. I work with numerous investors, and every one of their homes is staged, even though they've been gutted and totally redone. Several have their own staging companies. So yes, it does make a difference ... in the wallet.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 14, 2013
ALLTHE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD!!! Well, if done by a professional staging to sell pro. I started using a stager 9 years ago and immediately my properties started selling quicker and for more money. I would never take a listing if the sellers are not open to "staging to sell". If they start by saying "well, I live here", then I know they are not sellers that I want my sign in the front yard for months. I pay for 3 hours for the stager on EVERY listing. You want to know the difference? Well, there are two properties in my neighborhood which I am the dominant agent that have been on the market for over a year....I did not take those listings. My avg days on the mkt is 15 and my sales price is many times above the list price. Any more questions?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Staging makes a HUGE difference! Staging is proven to help sell homes up to 80% FASTER and on average offers are 20% more. In addition, buyers can visualize furniture placement.

We offer a free no obligation proposal for our services. Please feel free to contact us at 281-979-5555 OR visit us at http://www.ShowcaseStagingHouston.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
You are the best in the Houston area!!
Flag Wed Apr 10, 2013
It depends on the home, size, price, location and competing homes.... if a home is vacant staging usually makes a huge difference, especially in the higher price ranges... A Realtor will be able to assess
what is required to market and sell a property at a good price and in a reasonable time, by looking at what has sold in the last few months in the area, and what is on the market currently competing with the
home in question, that will all indicate what is required and for how long, and the cost of staging in relationship with a final sale price and net to seller once all is done.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Staging makes a huge difference in how a potential buyer perceives a home and the space within it. Imagine walking into a room over crowed with furniture and items. It is almost impossible for a potential buyer to see the true potential use of the space. When a buyer cannot connect with a potential property they usually move on to the next. Sometimes they make an offer but because they like the home but that offer may have been higher if the home was staged in such a way to make the home feel bigger and more livable to that buyer.

I could go on but I think you get the point. High end vacant home seller's will sometimes spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to stage a home. Believe me it makes a difference. This does not mean you need to spend a fortune but you do want to declutter the home and possibly remove some of the furniture to make rooms appear larger.

Spending time going over all of the areas in a home that need to be addressed or staged better is an important part of my total plan to help list a clients house for the most possible money. When you want every dollar from the sale of your home this is not the area you want to disregard.

Hope this helps.

_____________________________________________________
Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
Web Reference: http://www.AustinListed.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
I have found in my case Staging the home makes ALL the difference in the world when it comes to how well the home is perceived by the Buyers. So many Sellers AND Agents think that if they simply De-Clutter the home and place a few towels around that the home is "Staged"! Far from it. "Living Condition and Selling Condition" are two polar opposites. The home needs to be Pristine. I will not let me Sellers do it themselves. This is why I own a Staging and Design Firm. I know that I will need to bring in my Staff to get it "Patti Perfect" LOL. My team comes in and professionally cleans the home and brings in carefully selected accessories and furnishings from my inventory of designer items.... we take the home from Fair to Fabulous! It takes a lot of work but it is well worth it when the home sells in a day. The market is definitely heating up but Staging the home properly is still a critical part of the Sales process.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
If a home is staged properly it could mean the difference between selling your home and not selling it. Think about a model home. When potential home buyers walk in the home immediately catches their attention. Why? Because the home has been staged to do that.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
The difference in a sale or not
The difference is AMAZING!!!

I have seen homes get an offer the very next DAY after staging. Staging with the right professional is the key! Not all professional home stagers do the same type staging...

So if you are wanting to sell quickly...I suggest staging.
Staging can indeed make a difference in price. Staging a home can open up a room and make it look much larger. Staging is important in an empty home because it gives the home a lived in look. It is a personal preference but I do like using a professional.

Beth Seifart
Keller Williams Realty, Leesburg, VA