Home Selling in Darien>Question Details

House For Sa…, Other/Just Looking in Darien, CT

How much is the home at 24 Greenwood Ave., Darien, Ct actually worth? Is listed for $799,000.00 is that a fair market price?

Asked by House For Sale, Darien, CT Mon Jan 17, 2011

Answers

8
I actually know the street well, been in the business for a long time, work in the Darien office of Coldwell Banker and have lived on Hoyt - almost right around the corner. You know that Greenwood Avenue is located in an area where the spur line goes right behind this home. Comps need to be pulled from the street and from Hoyt near the graveyard in order to get some sense of value. If you are the homeowner I am sure that the Wesport agent that listed your home gave you comps. If you are a buyer, the buyer agent should be running the same.
What is your definition of worth? To you is it worth it, or the average buyer? Bet it was to the seller....you should contact a local agent or Realtor and ask for comps for the subdivision or area. Then you will be able to look at real sold numbers and be able to make a better determination.

In today's market, a property is only worth what it can or appraises for as the lender will not loan more than that dollar figure. Even on "Cash" deals, most savvy buyers include the verbiage "contingent on appraisal". Best of luck.
Spirit
Hard to say.Take a look at comparables on the street.Thats particular street is a tricky one with homes ranging from $500K to over a million.One side of the street may have part of the Metro North RR running through it and Greenwood is what us known as a "cut through" street meaning it is heavily traveled.TALK TO A REALTOR, and a local one to help you determine value here. Its not a straighforward location even after youve considered the "comps"
Hi "Just Looking" -
There are several ways a potential "buyer" might evaluate a property - cost per sqft, look for building, land & tax assessments, compare other properties on the street or neighborhood, etc. You can do most of this analysis on your own, however, beware - you need to "know" the specifics of the property and those you might be comparing before rendering any final price point. Greenwood Ave. is, in general, an entry & mid- market street with older and a few new homes right on the Stamford boarder. Prices have ranged from mid-$500K to $1.1M depending on specifics. Something worth considering is to look at the whole Darien market (at that price point if it’s your budget) to determine any given properties real value. Remember what you have always heard – location, location, location! I have lived in town for nearly 20 years and would be happy to assist you in your search. I have a “no obligation” approach with all my prospective clients – if you like me and what I provide, great we move on from there; if not, it’s ok with me and good luck with your search! So if you would like some professional help with no strings attached, just let me know and I would be happy to assist you in any way I can.
Cheers -

Stephan von Jena
REALTOR®
William Pitt / Sotheby’s International Realty
1057 Post Road
Darien, CT 06820
(W) 203-655-8234 ext# 303
(F) 203-655-4046
(M) 203-434-8472
svonjena@wpsir.com
http://www.wpsir.com

Proudly servicing the Darien, Rowayton and New Canaan markets.

"Artfully uniting extraordinary homes with extraordinary lives!"
I am a Darien, CT real estate agent that has lived in town for over 16 years and would be happy to meet with you and give you a CMA. A CMA is a comparative market analysis that will give you current fair market value for the house based on comparable houses that recently sold or currently have an accepted offer, based on size, condition and location. Please contact me at mgmcg@aol.com or 203-554-0897 and I would be more than happy to sit down and review my findings.
Web Reference: http://www.afadarien.com
Buyer agent is the professional who can answer all of your questions Virtual answer NOT to your benefit for fact that not been on property evaluate the condition of home and etc.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
I would be happy to Appraise the property for you. At 1st glimpse, I can tell you there are 3 homes for sale on the street, and this is the most expensive. If you'd like a CMA, please just e me back, and I'll get started.
Stephanie Thompson
William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty
342 Pequot Ave., Southport, CT., 06890
203-256-7700 X 308
203-913-4500
If you are interested in buying this home, have your agent do some research to locate similar homes that have recently sold. Your agent will take their sales prices, adjust those values for any differences in the homes, and determine a market value for this home.

As Trulia says you are a home seller, I have to ask: Is this your home? If so, then you have already hired a real estate agent and they should be able do the above analysis for you.