Ruth Howard, Real Estate Pro in Hubbard, OR

How much are your homesellers willing to pay for a home staging consultation?

Asked by Ruth Howard, Hubbard, OR Sat Oct 29, 2011

Answers

5
I don't ask my seller to pay - I do! I will pay the stager for a one-hour consultation on site, usually $100-$150.

It is worth it to me to have the seller hear "You really need to get that (worn, old) couch out of the living room, and you need to get all but one thing off each of these shelves." from another professional. That way they're not mad at me for making those suggestions. I can say "I think the stager is the professional and I agree with their recommendations." without being the source of the bad news for the person I need to work with for the next 4-8 weeks (less if they'll stage, of course).
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 29, 2011
Hi Ruth,
Since I work in areas near you I am seeing Staging Professionals charge $100 to $150 for a 1 to 2 hour consult. However, many will credit that amount to the seller for the opportunity stage the property too. I think a lot of what's said of the value of staging is so true, it really pays. A good stager is worth a lot in time and that means money in the long run to the client.
I wish you success!
Robin Weigserber
For consultation? Nothing, nada, not a dime!
I would not mention the name of a staging organization who would charge for consultation.
But, that's just me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 30, 2011
My stager charges nothing for the consultation. Some chage $300 and more! It really depends on how you want to market your business.
Web Reference: http://ww.w.FrankDolski.com
Hi Ruth,
I am an ASP home stager in MA - The data proves that staging your home is always much less than your first price drop! Staging doesn't cost it pays - You should look up the data in your area and approach realtors with your numbers.
Good luck Ruth
Web Reference: http://www.stagedhomes.com