Home Selling in Hobart>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

How might requiring interested buyers to provide a prequalification impact our selling process?

Asked by Voices Member, Thu May 26, 2011

We've had 10 showings in our first listed month with one second visit (we lost out due to having a smaller lot). Just thinking of limiting the window shopping that seemed to happen because of our listing being new. We listed (according to our agent & those showing) below market value in order to move the process along. Profit from the sale of this property is not needed for us to buy a home in the school district we are planning on relocating to, so we are looking for ways to intice buyers and still do good by our agent, whom my wife has a semi-professional relationship. I've read the "TV included" and other incentives. Do they work? We may even be willing to pay up to 3 months of the buyer's mortgage if that will seal the deal.
A lot of questions, I know. I'm impatient. :)

Answers

2
Hi Marco
You should be happy that you had 10 showings in a short period of time. Now the question is what did the buyers that looked at your home think of it in regards to price, condition, location & floor plan? Finding out those answers will help you to determine which areas of your listing you have to change to entice an offer.
You might want to consider offering a buyers home warranty, or offering a credit towards closing costs rather than offering to pay their mortgage for the 1st few months. You may also want to give the interior of your home a once over look to see if there is anything you can do to make it more attractive & spacious looking: fresh paint, rearrange furniture, declutter, any needed minor repairs.That would attract more buyers for sure.
What sells a house - Price, Condition, Location. Depending on your market, and your Realtor can help you fully determine, 10 showings with no offer may warrant a price reduction and move your list price to a different category to find a new pool of buyers.

Web Reference: http://www.cyndibell.com