Home Selling in Kenosha>Question Details

Mini Samuel, Real Estate Pro in 53158

How many Sellers out there feel that they can get their home sold in this market without the assistance of a licensed Real Estate Agent?

Asked by Mini Samuel, 53158 Wed May 12, 2010

Just curious as to why the reasons are for trying to sell your home without an agent other than the commission factor -

Answers

4
Mini Samuel’s answer
Re: your recent answer.. That's really good to know that you prefer to work with an agent and that you are willing to help him/her out.. I would think that most agents in this business would be open minded and flexible.. but from your comments, maybe not?
BTW, I probably should have added earlier that selling without an agent is my SECOND choice. I PREFER to outsource the marketing/sales to an agent whenever possible, and I even willing to work with agents who know absolutely nothing about creative financing as long as they're willing and open.
@Dp2 - Thanks so much for the quick and candid answer. I was just looking for an honest answer from consumers / investors in this market.. Definitely not a "you really should use an agent to sell" diatribe.
I hope this thread doesn't degenerate into yet another "you really should use an agent to sell" diatribe.

As an investor, sometimes it's easier to sell properties via an agent, and other times it's easier to sell them as FSBOs. In the cases where I opt for FSBO, the commission has absolutely NO influence in my decision making. I've already accounted for the selling-side commission related costs when I purchased the property, so the commissions are a non-issue. The primary reason I'd opt to not use an agent for selling properties is that I didn't find one who was flexible enough to with me. In other words, if I sense that most agents in an area aren't comfortable working on deals with creative financing, then I most likely won't work with them--even for cash-only deals. I'm deeply concerned about the relationship for the long-term. I want to work with someone who's flexible and open-minded.