Audra, Both Buyer and Seller in Kansas

How long should my home take to sell?

Asked by Audra, Kansas Tue May 21, 2013

Answers

3
In the Topeka market the average days to sell a home are 78. That can vary depending on where your home is located. There are also other factors to consider too. Is your home selling ready? Does it have repairs that need to be made? Pricing it competitively is also important. You should have your home evaluated by a real estate professional to help you.. If you would like to discuss that please contact me.
Debbie
Contact a local agent and they can tell you the local trends - if they say the average days on the market is such and such you may want to mentally add up to twice that much - unless you have a bargained price or hot commodity home. The reason I say that is if the mls shows the average days on the market before a house sells is 90 days - that may or may not county the days it was for sale by owner, and for sale by another agency or if it was off the market for a couple months then re-put on even by the same agency and went under contract in 2 weeks - the DOM wasn't actually just two weeks - sorry if this is all confusing.. Good luck!
It all depends on the market.