Michael Brown, Home Seller in Albany, NY

How long is it taking homes to sell in the Pine HIlls area of Albany?

Asked by Michael Brown, Albany, NY Sun Aug 19, 2012

Alexander H. Monticello’s answer
It depends on the house, price, and marketing plan. On average Albany homes are selling after about 120 days. But again this varies based on many unique factors.

With eighty-eight percent of home buyers and investors now searching online for their homes, it's not enough to rely on the old tricks of the trade. In order to maximize the full listing potential, I reach every corner of the market.

In order to reach the younger and out-of-town demographic, you will need to market online. Whether it's Trulia.com, Zillow.com, Times Union online, or the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), I offer all of my clients a featured listing on these premier online websites, among other websites. 

I not only ensure that your home will be omnipresence online, but I utilize value added marketing tools to ensure a successful sale. I provide my sellers with a customized website, such as http://www.5StJosephs.com. I hire a professional photographer to make sure we're getting the best side of your home. And I provide a custom designed brochure by a local graphic design artist, to capture its unique character.

If you have any questions, don't hestitate to call.

Alexander Monticello
It varies based on condition, style of home and price but, I would plan on 6 months as a guide.
Condition would enable some homes to sell within 1 week and others not. Even get an offer in a year.
Off street parking makes the sale much quicker too.
Too long in my opinion, Pine Hills is the best value for the money in the Capital District and should be selling better. The only real draw back is the crappy school district, otherwise it is great especially if you work for the State...
Time on the market does vary by exact location, pricing, condition, size, schools, etc.; therefore if looking to sell, invite a few agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, ask opinions, and go from there....