Dave, Other/Just Looking in Safety Harbor, FL

How long has it be taken to sell a home in safety harbor? Are there buyers out there? what are they looking for? we are 1st time sellers.

Asked by Dave, Safety Harbor, FL Thu Oct 8, 2009

Answers

8
Are you kidding! I have wasted the last year trying to move there from South Florida. My credit score is in the 800s and I have made all CASH offers. All three of my offers were 20% over Just Market Value. My fourth offer on a bank owner foreclosure sold to a local buyer for $1000 more than offered in their secret bidding process.
I am so frustrated that I am going to start looking in Bradenton.
I just got the question, I am a Safety Harbor agent working and breathing in Safety Harbor, what you need are still the same criteria like before ,price which is #1 to be ahead of the competition , condition of the property to be ahead of the competition and the third is the location,market conditions which now we have more buyers looking than in 2007/2008, and exposure by your agent I do have my listing advertize in more than eleven websides , these are the factors that will help you sell your property faster, if you are a motivated seller and work with the agent you will be ahead on the game. My goal as an agent is to be able to sell at the highest possible price,shortest period of time and with the fewest problems if you have your agent doing these things for you with your help you will sell your home and be able to move on
Web Reference: http://www.c21weinert.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009
Hi Dave:
I agree that there are plenty of buyers out there. Not everyone is only looking for a "deal", but they are looking for a good value. That means the homes in the best condition and location, with the most realistic pricing will be the first ones sold. And that can still happen in less than 90 days.
Since this is not the appropriate forum to sell hard against other Realtors, I would also encourage you to interview several to find out what you need to do to prepare the home, what they will do to market the home, and how you can both work together to sell the home. The strategy for selling your home is not a "one size fits all". It should be customized to you and your specific needs.
I will be glad to share some additional tips and questions you can ask each agent if that will help.
Sally Galanos
Coldwell Banker Residential
727-410-4793
Dave,
Congrats on your original decision to purchase a home in a great community! Safety Harbor has always had strong buyer appeal and the city continues to improve the already outstanding quality of life elements.

Todays market can be described as, "It's a beauty pageant or a price war!" We really need to sit together and analyze where your home will most effectively compete. Minor enhancements, decluttering and objective goals may be all that needed to avoid the price war scenario.

Dunedin presents similar quality of life opportunities that when coupled with other location benefits, walkscore, and tangible upgrades can successfully create a significant value support.

Let's get a Listing Price Analysis (LPA) completed for your home and get a real overview of your home in today's market. LPA not only identifies your home in the competing community but profiles the buyer, their preferences, and what it takes to get their attention and an offer.

Annette Lawrence
ReMax ACR Elite Group, Inc
727. 420. 4041
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
There are a lot of components to selling a house. If you send me your email I will be glad to send you information. You may also go to my webpage listed below and look in the sellers information column.

I will be in Safety Harbor next week taking a new listing. I will be happy to meet you and discuss getting your home sold, no obligation of course.

Martha
Realty Resources
Web Reference: http://MarthaSVasquez.com
Dave, there are plenty of buyers out there, especially first time home buyers. Most are looking for a "deal" because of the amount of foreclosures in our market.

There have been 27 single family homes sold in Safety Harbor in the past 60 days. The average days on market for those homes was 64. That means the average home is selling fairly quickly.

Safety Harbor is a desirable location, but if your home is not priced correctly, it will sit on the market and may not even receive showings. You should interview at least two agents to list your home so you can see what they have to offer in order to sell your home.

Bobby Bills
Coldwell Banker
813-531-3298
Pam provided great information. Especially in this market, listing your property with an active, full time professional is imperative. As Pam suggests, interview listing agents. Realtors, like other professionals, often have specialties. For example, I work extensively with distressed sellers - short sales, avoiding foreclosure, etc. Short Sales are not for the faint at heart or lazy agent and takes much more than a class or two to be successful.

Please feel free to call for a free consultation.

Wendy Smith
Broker
727-452-3301
Dave,

Every home is different and so is every Seller's motivation. There are Buyers. It is a buyer's market and they are looking for the best value. The first step is to interview listing agents and have them do a comparative market analysis on your home with other comparable homes that are currently listed, under contract, recently sold or expired. If you would like a free consultation give me a call or email.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate GRI,CDM
Prudential Tropical Realty
727-204-7155
pcohn@prutropical.com