Home Selling in San Jose>Question Details

pam, Home Seller in 95148

How long does it take to get appraisal result?

Asked by pam, 95148 Thu Sep 5, 2013

Answers

25
Once the appraisal has been preformed, you should receive the appraisal in 3-4 days. It depends on how the bank (or your lender) provides you with this information. I had a bank refuse to send the appraisal until they viewed it themselves, which they received on Friday and we had to wait until Monday.
how long its take foreclosure house to come back its regular price in market
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 3, 2015
Rarely when time is very critical I've been able to get the lender to immediately find an appraiser and to get the appraiser to make his report the next day. So about two days is the shortest. Generally the appraiser won't be available until a couple days after he receives the request and he will take a couple days to prepare the report, then there may be a couple days before the buyer will get the results. The buyer may not share the results with the seller immediately.

The appraiser is at the mercy of the lenders for his business. What the lender asks for, makes a world of difference. The willingness of the lender to respond to the buyer and the buyers real estate agent greatly affects what the lender asks of the appraiser.

San Jose home values at http://julianalee.com/san-jose/san-jose-statistics.htm

Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest
Cell 650.857.1000

Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara County and San Mateo County
.
Web Reference: http://julianalee.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
So basically, an appraisal could take up to a few weeks for you to get the result and if your appraiser is fast you could see it in a few days. I would think that if the appraisal was taking longer than a week that I would call the appraiser's office to see what was up. I've wondered how long a house appraisal would take, so thank you for your response! http://www.appraisalsbyrenick.com/6.html
Flag Fri Mar 20, 2015
Pay an extra $100 bucks and get it back next day if it's that important. Wells Fargo has quick turn around times with their appraisers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 6, 2013
Wells Fargo is the WORST bank ever!!! They are crooks!!!
Flag Fri Feb 26, 2016
Not necessarily. I've been waiting since the 8th of January and was told today that it is in review?! So I have delayed ordering the movers till I hear something. I have usually heard back in a day or two. Very different from your experience with Wells Fargo.
Flag Fri Jan 15, 2016
Pam If you are talking about a basic conventional appraisal it should take no longer than a week's time.
However, if you are looking at an appraisal that is not for a typical track home or in area where there are not many comparable sales, you could be looking at a few weeks.

Typically agents write a 10 or 12 day appraisal contingency removal and that should be plenty of time.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 5, 2013
Today is the 2nd Monday since the appraisal is done for the house we have an offer. 14 days and still no report. Loan officer says it's under review but it has been under review for almost a week now. I am extremely upset and angry for just not knowing what is going on. I am calling the appraisal company's phone with no reply for days now. Left multiple messages and nobody returns my calls.
I am the buyer, I am the one who paid for appraisal and I believe I should be able to reach someone to get some answers. As soon as I know who this appraisal company is, I'll file a complain with every possible agency.
You can get it as short as 1 week.

Sam Shueh
How long did it end up taking?
How long does it take to get answer on whether your offer has been accepted?
~3 days... if you a ask and pay for rush order
7 days or less. If you pay rush fee it should be quick,.,,,
From my experience, usually about 3-4 business days. Good Luck.

~Colin Davies Realtor
Security Pacific Real Estate
Richmond, Ca.
Often less than 1 week if you order expedited service.
Hi Pam,

You can ask for a rush order, but I have usually seen them come in within a few business days of the appraiser coming out to the property in most cases for single family homes.

Kind regards,

Arpad
I had a bank named North American Savings Bank could not get the report in more than two weeks. maybe they didn't actually get the report or they are just lying. But for me it's a nightmare anyway.
Just like anything else, if you want expedited service, it will cost you more.

The normal appraisal is around $400 and will arrive 5-10 days after the lender orders it.

If you need something in two days or shorter, a rush fee will be charged.

Keep in mind, appraisers often have to work harder on some appraisals that have unique properties and/or happen to be in an area that have few comparables. Asking for a rush on this type of appraisal may not be wise.
A few days, you can pay for a rush.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
It depends on what type of financing and how busy the refinance market is. Lately, the time frames have been shorter. The average I have been seeing is about 5 days from the date the order was placed.
Too long! Isn't that how it feels right now?

Once appraiser has come, it seems 3-5 is about average, although I've seen them take as long as 10-14 days. Hopefully you'll receive good news soon.

If you're concerned it won't be received in time to remove your loan/appraisal contingency, ask your agent to prepare an extension and call the other agent now so it's less of a surprise.
Usually within 3-5 business days
It depends on the loan and type of appraisal, and when it was ordered. Plan on 7 to 10 days and if it comes in sooner, terrific!
Hi Pam, I've seen them come back in as little as 3 days (when a rush order was placed - not typical) and I've seen them take as long as 10 days. The average is 5-7 days. However, this will vary greatly by bank and the particular circumstances regarding the purchase. Best of luck to you!
It depends on the bank/appraiser/market conditions and many other factors. Typically it should take about a week from the date the appraisal is ordered.
Web Reference: http://talisrealestate.com
Typically it takes 3 days to get an appraisal report. If there are questions/concerns about the appraisal, it could take longer.

Just had one done on my house that I am purchasing... took the appraisal about 4 days to come back to me.