Sandy, Home Buyer in Ridgewood, NJ

How long does it take to get a certificate of occupancy in West New York?

Asked by Sandy, Ridgewood, NJ Sun May 5, 2013

I am in the process of selling my coop in West New York, NJ. I want to be well prepared before closing. Any suggestions or anything I should look out for?

The apartment has been rented out for 9 years now. I don't remember if I have smoke detector, carbon monoxide alarm or fire extinguisher in the unit. Are these item a necessity for me to obtain CO?

How long does it take to get a certificate of occupancy in West New York? Do they assign you the date for inspection or do they give you the option to choose the date?

Thanks in advance, SK

Answers

3
It should take around a week. This should be easy.

Call me if you need any help with Financing.

Jose Martinez
201-406-6983
It can take under a week if you are willing to pay a little bit extra. West New York has a different cost schedule depending on how quickly you need it. You will need need to contact both the building department and fire prevention department.
yes you need the Carbon and smoke detectors withing 4 feet of each bedroom. The Fire extinguisher should be mounted in or near the kitchen about 4ft high. W NY can come out in less than a week or 2 weeks depending how busy they are. the certificate is good for 3-6 months. They will give you a date and you can request a later date if you need to.