Angeleyes, Renter in 74112

How long do you have to have a house before you can sale it?

Asked by Angeleyes, 74112 Fri Dec 10, 2010

Answers

14
Calisista...did you read all of the answers below your question?
If. I have a home loan how soon can I sell it
58 minutes on weekdays, 1 hour 12 minutes on weekends.
That is a great question. I telly my first time buyers, you need to stay in a home 5-7 yearts to get the max return on your investment. Our Tulsa Market has been historically been very healthy and in some instances it can be less but you really should meet with a Professional Realtor and have them provide you with analysis of your neighborhood, because every neighborhood is diffrent and everyone has a varied reasons to sell their home from need to sell or want to sell to move up to a bigger house or downsize. Have a great day!
I would check with the type of loan you have. Some mortgages have a pre-payment penalty and others do not. As far as tax implications, if you sell a home before you've owned it for two years, then you have to pay taxes on any profits you make. You have to count it as additional income. If you own a home more than two years, then you get to keep all of the profits tax free!
Web Reference: http://www.bedlamrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 24, 2010
What a great question! My summarized answer is below and I plan to use it on my radio program this coming saturday on KRMG. If you would like to hear more discussion, tune in Saturday at noon on KRMG fm102.3 or am740? The question should be broken into two parts... How long you
Web Reference: http://Www.darrylbaskin.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
You should be in a home at least 5 years in order to see some equity out of it. And that depends on the market and where you are in your mortgage.
All answers you've been given are correct. However, if the home owner received stimulus money or other financial assistance when purchasing your home, there MAY be penalties. I'm happy to answer any further questions! Lori
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 11, 2010
Hi Angeleyes!

A home owner may sell their home whenever they are ready to move for a variety of different reasons. I see that you have listed yourself as a renter, there is no time better than right now to be a new home owner! The interest rates are at historic lows so buyers have tremendous buying power. There are so many beautiful homes on the market that I'm sure I'll be able to help you select the home that is perfect for you! Give me a call when you are ready to find the home of your dreams! I'm in Tulsa and look forward to making your new home purchase an excellent experience! You can reach me at (918) 810-7570 I'm looking forward to hearing from you! Debbie
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 10, 2010
Good question. As you can see by the previous answers, typically you can sell anytime. Unlike the other realtors, I am located in your neighorhood. If you would like personal assistance with a local realtor, I would be glad to help you evaluate your current situation. I may be reached at 237-6509 or at my website below.
You can buy a house and sell it the same day, you don't have to own it for a particular period of time.
There is no law that exists that requires a homeowner to own a home for any amount of time in order to sell a home. However, there may be other restraints to selling the home such as if required by other owners of the property, deed conveyance, etc. perhaps the seller took grant money towards the property. If so, the seller could be penalized and owe a nominal amount if the owner hang lived in the home for a certain amount of time. There are more scenarios but too many too list.

A title company can look at the specific property you'd like to sell and tell you what you need to know. If you need information on title companies, I'd be happy to help with that as well.

You can reach me at Jenn@JenniferSellsOklahoma.com or 405-625-1576.

Jennifer Henning, Realtor Green
Http://jHenning.FindOKCmetroHomes.com
You can sell your home when ever you want to sell it. People relocate and move all the time. What is your rationale for moving and do you need any hekp in selecting an agent? if so, please contact me as I have significant resources in New Jersey to help you pick the best broker and agent in your area.

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
Web Reference: http://www.FrankDolski.com
Hi Angleeyes,
you can sell your home whenever you want to. Different taxes may apply when selling right away, however if your going to make a profit and want to sell go ahead. If you want to sell soon after you purchase for whatever reason check with your taxman to see if you'll have additional taxes for selling.

All the Best
Dave & Lisa
Web Reference: http://www.urhomerealty.net