Home Selling in Baltimore>Question Details

Nicholas Pis…, Real Estate Pro in Baltimore, MD

How long after an initial appraisal does a seller have to wait before another can be done?

Asked by Nicholas Piscatelli, Baltimore, MD Mon Feb 6, 2012

I entered into a contract to sell a property. The appraisal came in very low. I would like to sell it but do not know how long I need to wait before another appraisal will be accepted by a lender using a Hud mortgage.

Answers

2
Mark is basically right. FHA appraisals must have the case number before ordering and completion of an appraisal. Any new lender should be asked to check FHA connection though to see if the appraisal was indeed uploaded. Who knows these days. On a dead deal was It even ever uploaded. Things happen and easy for a lender to check. Hope this helps.
If your property was assigned a case number then the appraisal will be around for 6 months. That doesn't mean you can not sell you just can't sell to someone using an FHA mortgage.