Jackie, Home Owner in 92320

How legitimate are companies like Sell My Home Fast? What are the disadvantages if you use them?

Asked by Jackie, 92320 Fri Mar 29, 2013

Answers

15
Jeanine Birong’s answer
This looks like a referrel network. Why not just talk to some local realtors and compare their services and the sellers' net sheets they present you? I'm an agent at Doma Properties in Belmont Shore, call me. I'd love to help you. Any house that is priced right in today's market will sell quickly, especially if it is marketed effectively. You should use a local realtor who knows the area and is likely to have local buyers who are looking for a house like yours. Jeanine Birong 562.743.2029 Doma Proeprties, 4913 East Second St., Belmont Shore, CA 90802
If you want to sell your home fast go to GOGLE and type in Sell Home Fast
call one of those companies out and they will give you an all cash offer and close on the day of your choice. Most of the time I close the seller out with cash in hand in three business days.

If you want to play the real estate game, what agent will promise you the most at the cheapest commission. Have broker open houses, open houses, have people running through the house day and night getting offers negotiating back and forth then dealing with all the buyer inspections, then the appraiser who puts a number on the property depending how the latte was earlier in the day.
You will wait from 30 days to 6 months to get your cash you will receive about 12% more after it's all said and done. Guarantee you will have earned every penny.
Hello Jackie,

These companies seem to come and go. If you need to sale your home in he shortest amount of time and for the max price. I urge you to list it with a real estate sales professional.

These help u sale type companies still charge you a fee, and do not offer you the protection and service you will get from a realtor.

I wish you the very best in getting your home sold!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
714-293-1151
I agree with my colleagues. It is always best to use a Local Broker or Agent in the the area where your property is located. We as real estate professionals dedicate our careers to marketing properties in our designated areas. It is extremely beneficial to the seller of any property to work with an Agent or Broker that is familiar with the local amenities, schools, trends, HOA's, city codes and laws that may affect the value. I must say that I have never heard of "Sell My Home Fast." The disadvantage of using this company could be HUGE in so many ways.
I hope that we saved you some time and heartache. Give any one of us a call, and I am sure that you will be in better hands.
There are so many legal implications to selling a home. I would urge you to work with a lic. Real Estate professional.

Protect yourself and your investment.

Best of Luck to You!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Their sophisticated con artist and you aren't. The reason they sell fast is simple, they sell under market value, which you could do on your own. Do yourself a huge favor and interview some local Realtors and find one you feel good about and have them help you sell your home.
Hi Jackie!

If you have any doubts about a company's legitimacy, their promises are likely too good to be true. Many homeowners who try to avoid using a Realtor sadly find themselves in the 95% statistic of being unsuccessful. You want to have a better than 5% chance of selling your home, right?

Sellers have the goal of getting the most money that they can for their property in the quickest amount of time. The best way to achieve this goal, in my opinion, is by using a Realtor you can trust who will come up with an intelligent pricing strategy, BUT equally important is the way the property shows in the MLS photos. More than 90% of buyers first see their homes online. You and your agent should have no problem selling quickly IF it is priced right and looks great.

I believe in giving my sellers something extra to help them achieve their goals, so I offer free home staging to all of my sellers. I have my own staging and design company. My sellers' properties show like model homes and routinely sell in the first few days on the market! I am happy to forward you photos and testimonials if you feel this service may benefit you. Call or text me anytime at 562.673.9690 if you want to know more. I wish you GREAT luck in selling, and I would love the opportunity to earn your trust and business. -Angelica
Jackie,

Selling a home is a legal binding transaction.

Your home is a major investment. You should trust selling it to a highly skilled professional who follows the ethics and bylaws of the CA Department of Real Estate, in addition to laws set forth by their local associations, and professional organizations.

Realtors who are members of the California Association of Realtors have direct access to legal experts, and have the tools to navigate even the most complex real estate transaction.

You may not even actually net more money working with these Help You Sale type companies. They lack the resources to market your home for maximum exposure.

Best of Luck to You!
Kawain Payne, Realtor
Hello Jackie,
Very good question.
There's a lot of buyers of homes
right now offering cash to sellers
that want a fast deal but below market
value.
I think they're in this category.

If you want the best deal though, I
suggest you interview 3 or 4 local agents
and compare.

Roberto
To be fair, if they're a licensed broker, they're legitimate. You might want to look up reviews or ask around. I also have not heard of them. Many brokerages that do the "fast sales" thing are either buying their own listings at a discounted rate with a group of investors or are offering a reduced service offering and selling the home below market value.

It comes down to...What's your goal? I quick sale or netting the most money for your home? Almost all sales today are fast anyway, but working with the right agent can make a ton of difference in what your home ultimately sells for.

Best of luck
I know exactly the type of company you're referring to, there's another brokerage who offers the same kind of thing. I've done extensive research on this.

In FACT, I have a Saved search in the MLS for when homes that are listed like this are Cancelled, so I can then go & try to help the owner.

There are different angles that these companies take to market your home to buyers, they get away with it under "auction" rules, even though the owner is not experiencing any sort of financial distress, I don't really want to go into it all here on Trulia, as with one of the other answers, I don't want to bash them online.

Please shoot me an email directly, I can give you the scoop. I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
I also have not heard of them. If you need to ask if they are legitimate, then why would you consider using them? Is this a "Discount Brokerage"?
Why would you use a company that you do not know. What advantages are they claiming?
I would recommend finding a good local agent that will work for you.
I agree with Julie. The seller's market is hot right now and homes are selling fast anyway. I recommend using a known agent in your community.
Hello Jackie, I've never heard of that company before...all I know is, if you put your home on the market (at market value) you'll more than likely have multiple offers in a heart beat!

Julia King CDPE, SFR, CHLAS
Certified Distressed Property Expert,
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource,
Certified HAFA Listing Agent Specialist
RE/MAX College Park Realty
T: 562.972.5464 (KING)
F: 562.684.4737
E: Julia@HomesByJulia.com
DRE License #01181726

Behind on your Mortgage?
Foreclosure Help at http://www.ShortSalesInLA.com

America is on Sale! This IS the time to BUY / BUY another property(ies). Prices are LOW and interest rates are LOW...usually, the two Never happen together!
You can Search the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) 24/7 by clicking, http://www.homesbyjulia.com
I don't know if you willl get the answer you are looking for since we are not aloud to degrade or talk bad about an other real estate company or an other agent. I would say use google and search for your answer.