Home Selling in Ashburn>Question Details

Deborah Davi…, Real Estate Pro in Rockville, MD

How is the townhouse market in Ashburn 20147?

Asked by Deborah Davidson, Rockville, MD Sun Mar 20, 2011

Has the value on townhomes in the Ashburn area been going up?

Answers

5
It has been going up. But more importantly we are finding that those townhomes that are being sold with no money down financing wrapped around them are getting a premium of 2-3%. Inventory is lower than this time last year, and buyer traffic is up almost 10% over last year. So combined, it is almost a 20% delta difference in the total buyer to seller ratio.
Hi there. As everyone has said it is fairly strong. RIght now, there are 116 townhomes on the market (Active) in Ashburn, with prices ranging from $210K to $569K. That probably doesn't help too much. I'd be glad to run a CMA or if the client isn't ready for that level of communication, they can pull a Market Snapshot at the site below - it will show the homes geographically closest to them that are active on the market and that have recently sold. It's pretty useful. They do have to enter an email address to do it, b/c the report is emailed to them.... but they won't get any SPAM.

VChrisner@KW.com 703-669-3142
Hi Deborah,

As a whole real estate prices in the DC area are stabilizing due to our strong job economy relative to the rest of the country. More locally, Ashburn communities (such as Brambleton) that are positioned closer to modern conveniences and transportation will fare better in the long run. With interest rates projected to be on the rise as the US economy improves, and the installation of the Silver Line Metro (2013-16), Ashburn is a good bet as both an investment and great home for families.

All my best,
Lisa

Lisa Moroniak | REALTOR® | Service360°
SFR - Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified
Phone: 703-635-0388
Fax: 703-679-1701
http://www.LisaMoroniak.com
Licensed in VA
Web Reference: http://www.LisaMoroniak.com
List prices are 2.5% higher than a year ago and inventory is tighter 10% than a year ago. Chances are from initial realtor chatter this past month and my own business that prices will go up another 2-4% this year.....

See graph below although my website does also show sold listings for comps for any buyers or agents wanting to peruse.

j
It is definately better then it was this time last year. It has gone up slightly, 20148 has held its value better then 20147. They both have done well though.

Email me joe@joeknowsva.com or call me 703-929-5716 and I will do a market analysis for you or your clients.
Web Reference: http://www.joeknowsva.com