Home Selling in Denver>Question Details

Lhs, Home Seller in Denver, NC

How is Home Staging perceived in this area? Are there statistics for days on market/selling price for staged homes vs. non-staged homes on Trulia?

Asked by Lhs, Denver, NC Fri Apr 23, 2010

Answers

3
If it can be done I really encourage it. It helps home buyers gage how their items may fit into a specific area. It also removes the sense of abandonment to the property.

Jeff Monfils
Broker - North Carolina Operations
Bastille Real Estate
704-975-7616
http://www.BastilleRealEstate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 16, 2010
LHS -

Properly staging a home makes an enormous difference in how a home shows. It certainly can make the home more attractive to buyers and potentially lead to a contract more quickly than homes that are not staged.

Property pricing the home has the biggest and best impact in getting a home sold quickly. If you have a beautifully staged homes, but put the wrong price on it - it will languish in the market.

Priced right AND staged? Home Run!

If you like the answer - please consider making it a "Best Answer" !

Gerard Dunn
Associate Broker
Licensed in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Assisting Homebuyer's and Seller's for 28 years
703-216-9100
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 16, 2010
Hi Lhs, I'll let your local agents comment on results in your specific area, but I can tell you that it is having a big impact here in my market in New Jersey. Case in point, new listing of mine, staged prior to listing, is under contract in less than 30 days. Other listings that sat through a 6 month listing period without selling, are staged, price respositioned if necessary...and wa-la, success.

By all means consider hiring a professional stager - it will impact the time to sell and your sale price positively based on my experience.

Good luck to you!

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com