Home Selling in Washington>Question Details

Al Hallivis, Real Estate Pro in 20011

How important is making a video of a listing for getting the home sold for top dollar?

Asked by Al Hallivis, 20011 Sun Feb 17, 2013

Answers

3
Henry F. Mohan’s answer
First and foremost the public looks for fotos. The more the better chance you will have of keeping them looking at your home and emailing them to family.More than 20 is a must 40 is better. Then they will look at a video if it is not too slow.
What is the purpose of VIDEO?
To show things that move.
What is moving in the house? Not much.
-
You should recognize the question is simply to stimulate the need to define the purpose you want the video fulfill. As a replacement for still images it is a silly consideration.
-
The video should be positioned as a steering mechanism to the resource you want the consumer to discover. The video should expand your reach not replicate what is already in place.
-
Sold for top dollar may rely on more than a video. However, leveraging video in your business will prove a incredibly valuable resource if you liberate yourself from the 'listing' mindset.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
727.420.5051
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Al, I think it's important to make a distinction between listing photographty and video.

Professional photography is probably the most important element of any marketing plan. I'm a good photographer with some great equipment, but I have all of my listings done by a pro. The photos are important for both the listing and for the brochures that the we put together.

Video, as it is used by many agents, is merely phtots that are loaded into a program that pans the still shots and plays weird background music. My firm has access to it, but I'm not totally sold. It's slow to load and hard to watch. And the agents who do come in with a real video camera - well there is a whole lot of really bad video out there. Even some of the professionals do a bad job of filming homes. It's sort of a new thing.

Video is supposed to iincrease SEO, but so will properly syndicated still shots of a property.

So great photos are crucial. Video is still more of a gimmick - oh, and one that I'm starting to get into. But, like my colleagues, I'm not ready for prime time with video - either for listingts or blogs.

Patricia Kennedy
Associate Broker
Evers & Company
202-549-5167
housepat.activerain.com (Blog)
housepat@mac.com (email)