Must_see!_in…, Home Seller in 19064

How important is it to have a selling realtor who is local, and how local is local?

Asked by Must_see!_in_19064, 19064 Tue Feb 2, 2010

We're looking to sell our home in Springfield, do we need a realtor in Springfield, or is anywhere in the delaware county or even delaware valley ok?

Answers

15
Interview several agents. The agent doesn't have to work right in Springfield, just the general area. Delaware County is a large area. I would choose someone who has experience selling homes in the Springfield area, even if their office is not right in Springfield. Check out Delaware County realtors in general, and like Mack said, pick someone you feel comfortable with.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 2, 2010
If your house is listed on the Multiple Listing Service, the agents in the outside areas will be able to see it and show your property, so I suggest using a local, neighborhood realtor. This is why: Someone familiar with your particular neighborhood can market it more effictively. He or she will know where buyers would go for entertainment, shopping, local school info, parks & recreation, local transportation, restaurants, utilities that they'll need, etc. Its easiest to sell an area when you know the area well. Also, if you want your agent to accompany showings, its a good idea to have someone close enough to be available.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 2, 2010
I am an agent specializing in Springfield. I'd be happy to talk with you about your home's value. Please call or email me. I know your market
i am in the process of selling my home in Springfield and I reccomend Nancy Lauro, Remax, Newtown Square. She is the best agent I have ever come across and I have bought and sold several properties.
Yes you do. You need someone who lives and loves the area, like me for the last 24 years. I can answer all questions to prospective buyers. Thanks Tom Caruso 610-505-0882
It is very important to use a REALTOR that is familiar with your area. I work primarily in Springfield Delco and have a large data base of buyers in your area. I was born and raised in Springfield Delco and know the area well. Call me to list your property for a quick sale. I work closely with my partner Jason Gizzi to provide a aggressive selling approach. If your going to hire a REALTOR why not get TWO for the price of one? We have access to all the latest Internet marketing tools. Call me 610-574-9868. If you would like to meet us first we wil be hosting an open house on Sunday 4/17 from 1-3 pm at the newest development in Springfield. Springfield Knoll off of Bishop Ave. Between Baltimore Pike and Springfield Rd.
The License allows agents to sell anywhere in the State, and the single most important thing, in my view, is to have an agent that you trust.

With reasonable skill and care, an agent that you trust will provide better results than an expert that you're wary of.

So, certainly, start out on your own block! But, don't be afraid to go afield to find the agent you need. They may feel it's appropriate to collaborate with another broker closer to your home, in which case, you may get the best of both worlds.
To list a house it is essential the realtor be local. Open Houses, availability for showings, information about the location, neighborhood, conveniences in the area are all best handled by a local agent. Knowing where, how and when to market the property in it's locale is essential as well. In the competitive marketplace today sellers need every advantage they can get. Local definitely means anywhere less than 20 minutes away. The closer the better!
With today's technology , the importance of being local is definitely lessened. However, if the agent is not local, I would suggest that the accessibility to the home be important. In addition, making sure that even though they are not local, that it is priced accurately.
It nice to have a local agent to community if call comes from yard sign the agent can assist with all amenities of community parks, and etc.

Great question

However it depends on how long agent been in area, example Dallas Fort Worth I know approx. 50 % communities very well can talk many facts out of 60 cities in the area.

Lynn911
Don’t be too concerned as to their locations; sometimes a local broker is no more skilled than one from a few towns away. Keep in mind it's the agent that will be selling your property, therefore focus on what the agent has to offer--such as what marketing strategies will be implemented; what plans will be put in place to coordinate meetings with buyers; what feedback (communication) can you expect and with what frequency; will data be supplied to help establish a fair and marketable asking price; will buyers be pre-screened and required to have mortgage pre-approvals when submitting offers, etc. Choose your agent with care.
Once you have your house listed with an agent (local or not so local) and it is on the MLS and hopefully online, agents and buyers all over the world can see it.

A local agent has the advantage of being able to be at the property on short notice. When someone is driving by and calls the sign number it is easier to get to the property if you are within a few miles - harder if your office is 20 miles away. The local agent also knows the area and can answer questions with a great deal of accuracy.

With that being said- "not so local" agents sell houses successfully all the time. I guess it boils down to who you are most comfortable with.

Good Luck,
Yes, it is very important that an agent is local. Because they will know more information, in regard to past & present background of the area, city or town. The growth history & the growth future of the areas, they specialize in. More & longer experience is past forward, to educate the potential buyers, for that property.
Jane Courtney CRS, GRI
Local is very important. The quality/reputation/experience of the agent/firm you have representing you as a Seller is equally important.
I would without a doubt list with someone local. They know your market the best. Does that mean they have to be in Springfield... NO but if they have no other listings there, they may not have correct knowledge in presenting the house with all advantage in the best light. That is just my 2 cents. For example, I know the 3 cities surrounding me like the back of my hand. To go futher than that on a listing, I don't think I could represent it well. Now I also now areas very well in other counties so I could also represent them well but not the cities in between. In other words, I want to know the area well in order to sell and give my client the best respresentation!!!