Home Selling in Phoenix>Question Details

Lindsay Kothe, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, AZ

How important is a swimming pool in Phoenix?

Asked by Lindsay Kothe, Glendale, AZ Thu Aug 2, 2012

Answers

3
If you have young kids or too much money burning a hole in your pocket, pools are great! BUT my experience has been that the maintenance is annoying if you do it yourself, expensive if you dont. I thought I would use my pool way more than I do. If I could do it all over again I would just have a hottub for those winter evenings with direct access right out from the master bedroom!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 8, 2012
A pool is important to those who love having a pool... Kind of like wine. Home buyers tend to want homes with pools in the summer and do not care as much during the cool months.

Personally, I'd never own a home in Phoenix withoit a pool. There is nothing like a dip before bed or after work to make the body happy.
Weather wise... a pool is great for cooling off during the summer. Cost wise... depends on whether you want the monthly maintenance (cleaning/chemicals/etc). In Metro Phoenix Area, you have to maitain your pool year round. If that sounds like a burden, you could find a home within a subdivision that has a community pool instead. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thanks!!