Home Selling in South Bend>Question Details

Laura B., Home Owner in South Bend, IN

How hard is it to sell a small 2 bedroom starter home just north of Keller Park? Upstairs is small, but basement has family room, laundry, and storage

Asked by Laura B., South Bend, IN Thu Feb 7, 2013

We need a bigger place! At the time of buying, the basement was just cinder blocks, almost everything upstairs was the same as it had been when the house was built in 1942. Since then, we've updated the kitchen by replacing all the cabinets and putting in better counter tops, added a dishwasher, and we're thinking of replacing the linoleum floor. The bathroom is TINY (think bathroom stall), but we think we can expand it slightly and put in a new tub, toilet, and sink. The two bedrooms are small but adequate. Downstairs, we built a beautiful family room (that could be divided for an additional bedroom), a laundry room that is about 65% finished (and we can finish before we sell), and about a quarter of the basement has been left pretty much as-is but we built lots of sturdy shelving for storage. There is a 1 car detached garage. Can we sell this? Will it be on the market for years?

Answers

1
Hi, Laura

Thank you for posting your question. It sounds like you have done all the right things to your home to make it salable:) I can't say for sure how long it would take to sell your home without seeing it, however, like I said, you have done the right things. I can tell you that our spring market has already started and we are seeing great numbers. I am having listings sell with multiple offers, which I haven't seen for years. That combined with the amazing low interest rates are keeping the buyers out there. I would be happy to take a look at your home and do a market analysis to tell you what it's worth and the approximate amount of time it would be on the market. If you are interested in setting up a time for me to see your home, email or call me anytime. Take care!
Thanks for your reply. You gave me a lot of good info and some hope to sell this place sometime soon! I guess more specifically I was wondering... in general, how much longer does it take to sell a smaller home with only 2 bedrooms like mine vs. a more versatile 3-4 bedroom with a larger layout? Would I need to add an extra 6 months or a year to my selling timeline? Does the large family room downstairs counteract the tiny upstairs? I wasn't kidding when I said "think bathroom stall" for the bathroom.
Flag Thu Feb 7, 2013