Home Selling in Ocean Gate>Question Details

Afg, Home Seller in Ocean Gate, NJ

How does the recent news about the FHA affect loans for buyers in the lower income or retirement bracket?

Asked by Afg, Ocean Gate, NJ Tue Dec 6, 2011

What would be the advice for selling an older home, in decent shape, but some needed repairs. This is part of a dissolving Trust.

Answers

2
Afg,

Which recent news are u referrring to? Three is "new news" almost every day!

As for advice in selling a home, it all depends upon the recent comparable sales. As for whether u should make any repairs, again it all depends on the recent comprable sales. Keep in mind that repairs rarely net a 100% return, but do help to facilitate a sale. The average return on a rennovation or repair is approx 60%.

Francesca "Francesca" Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro, SRES
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931 (Direct Cell 24/7)
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Just like all houses are unique, so is every sale. First thing you'll want is for a local real estate agent to take a look at the house, discuss what repairs you think it needs and come up with a marketing plan.

I'm in the Forked River office and live in Bayville. If you'd like me to take a look at the house and give you ideas, give me a call at 732-278-5377.