Joel Gilbert, Home Seller in 27607

How does one get his home listed on Trulia. It is listed with a traditional realtor and has a MLS number.

Asked by Joel Gilbert, 27607 Thu Nov 8, 2012

Answers

11
When did it go on the market? The triangle MLS 'talks' with all of the aggregators such as Trulia and Zillow, but it can take a day or so to get out there.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 8, 2012
Joel: more than likely, your realtor has a distribution network that will automatically distribute your listing to various on-line outlets. amazingly, however, this process is not instantaneous, and it can take 24-72 hours for various outlets to pick up and properly display new listings or changes to existing listings. What most people do not realize, is that not all realtors are created equal in this area, and nor are all real estate firms. Some firms have relationships with additional outlets that are not part of whatever constitutes "basic" marketing these days -- perhaps realtor.com, trulia.com, and zillow.com. Since your ability to sell your home is all about your realtor's ability to effectively market your home, i'd recommend an in-depth conversation with your realtor on this point. Then, the other thing you're going to want to look for are individual realtors who have enhanced placement (i.e. your listings at the top of the list) on the various outlet. On Trulia, that means you want a Trulia Elite Pro realtor, on Zillow it's called Premier. The best way to figure out whether your realtor is what you are looking for is to get on those sites and see whose listings are appearing at the top of relevant searches. Pretend you are looking for your own home, and see what you find. That will tell you a lot about who might be more effective than others when it comes to on-line visibility and distribution.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
It is very easy for your REaltor to post it on Trulia, just ask him or her to do it. Most Brokerages
have it automatically listed on Trulia, but she or he can do it by themselves, they just have to sign
in with their affiliation and the MLS number etc. You as the owner can not do it.

Good Luck
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Get a Realtor with Trulia Enhanced listings.
Thx,
M.R.
I use ListHub to syndicate my listings to sites such as Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, etc. For some reason, it can take up to 4 days for a listing to become active on Trulia, while my listings generally show up on the other sites the day they are listed on MLS. ListHub is a service offered to MLS members, but not all use it and some who use it may not opt to syndicate to all sites. There is some movement in the real estate industry to not put listings on these syndicated sites for various reasons, but i am not aware of any companies that have made that decision in this area. Ask your agent. If they don't understand the question or can't provide an answer, that may be a sign they are not as current on real estate marketing trends as they ought to be.
Normally it is an automatic feed from the agents brokerage- and sometimes they need to go out and claim it to list with the rest of their properties online. Otherwise they sign up for a free account and add the listing manually. But sometimes it just take a bit of time to auto-populate depending on when the listing was added to MLS.

If your agent does not have an automatic feed to add their listings here on Trulia, they can sign up for a free account and add your listing at no cost manually.
If agent listed it on MLS it should auto populate on Trulia with the IDX feed. Email me the property address and I'll check on when it was listed. There is a small lag time for the 3rd party websites. Moises@MContrerasRealty.com
Personally, my website is associated with 15 national websites including Trulia so that whenever I place a featured home on my site, it automatically flows over to Trulia. Both Larry & Quentin are correct as well. I borrow additional listings from other agents in my office to feature as well but I wait a week after they are listed to include them. What I find is that the vast majority of these homes are by then already on Trulia via the MLS under the listing agent. Trulia is good in that it won't allow the same listing to be on their site twice under two different Realtors. Your home should appear and if not, I would suggest you contact your Realtor.
Your realtor has to list the house here. Have them create a profile, if they don't already have one, and list the home. Another way is to use postlets.com. but only agents can post on Trulia.
Your agent must "claim it" on Trulia. They hopefully have already established themselves on Trulia and know how to log on and take control of the listing.