Home Selling in West End>Question Details

Trulia Boston, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

How does an agent come up with a marketing plan to sell a home?

Asked by Trulia Boston, Boston, MA Thu Dec 13, 2012

Answers

9
Marcus Guerrier’s answer
There are no two marketing plans that will work on every home. Every house needs a unique plan to sell on it's strengths whether it be location, size, scarcity or price in reflection to the market. Always console your client the best way you can. Be realistic, don't give your clients false hopes. Know your market, do your research on recent sales transactions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2012
The only way a good agent comes up with a plan is by listening to their client's needs. I think each agent has a list of tools they employ when starting a new listing but without feedback or managing their new clients expectations the relationship is a path to doom.

Timeline
Pricing
Showings
Marketing Styles
Sign Placement

These are just to name a few.
What works for me is, I listen and list things down. Once that's done I use my tools and advertise the unit to the best of my ability.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
After I got the listing agreement to sell their house, we go over the list of things that we need to do in order to get the property on the right path for amazing pictures and ready to show potential buyers the best use of the space, in a neutral colors and furniture, so them can envision themselves living in the Home. After I select the best pictures and best description of the property I will submitt it to my marketing department which it will be suggesting the right marketing approach in each case.

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
Most agents have a well tested marketing plan for their given area and the market that can be tweaked and customized depending on the property and the clients needs and wants.
In order to help my client's sell their home, I meet with them directly in my office. I go over the listing contract, the checklist of details regarding their home, what do they think is the most positive and or negative aspect of their home. We also discuss housing comps, what they should expect from me if they decide to have me as their agent along with the support system of Keller Williams.

I treat all my clients as I would want to be treated. I expect to be kept updated at all times as to what is happening with my home. No matter if there is nothing exceptional to tell, I feel that it is critical to keep up communication with the client. Selling your home is very stressful and confusing. Having someone around to keep you updated on what is happening or just answer any questions that may come up can be very reassuring. It is the little things that an agent can to that are so important to their client.
An experienced agent has a well developed marketing plan that employs a variety of means - offline and especially online - to expose a property to as many people as possible. Getting agents in to see the property is every bit as important as getting buyers in since every agent will be working with multiple buyers. A strong marketing plan will be geared to both buyers and agents.

While a marketing plan will be tweaked to take into account particular features of the property - location, style, amenities, etc. - most of the marketing efforts will be those that have worked successfully for the agent when selling other properties. An agent will go over the marketing plan with you and talk about other sales in your community. It's a great way to compare what agents you're speaking with have to offer.
Excellent question!

This is one of the most important questions a seller should ask when interviewing an agent.
The initial phone conversation is an important one for both of us, as it usually gives us an idea as to what we will be trying to accomplish and in what time frame. We then have enough information to develop a plan "A" AND a plan "B" to discuss at our first meeting.

If you would like more information specific to your needs...please let me know.

Laura M.Sheedy
Owner /Broker/Auctioneer
HomeOwners Assistance Program
not a government program
office: 781-860-8900
cell: 781-799-4867
Give me a call anytime.

Carey Hansen
NextGen Realty
1-617-548-4032