Home Selling in Westville>Question Details

Peg, Real Estate Pro in Westville, New Haven,...

How does a realtor show one of your properties, and will they receive a commission?

Asked by Peg, Westville, New Haven, CT Mon Feb 22, 2010

Answers

4
James Gordon ABR PBD SFR SRS’s answer
Peg I know that they do not cover this in your state liscencing classes but you need to talk to your broker about compensation and showing properties. As an agent you need to become very familiar with how you will be compensated.
Joan check the rules of your broker to broker exchange if the agent/broker is not a member of the local MLS you as the listing brokerage do not have to provide compensation to the selling broker.
Web Reference: http://www.Find1Home.com
Peg,

Do you not have access to the MLS? That information should be there on just about any property you see on Trulia. If you're using Trulia as a substitute to the MLS, you will have to contact the listing agent/agency noted on the listing to make an appointment for a showing. As Joan stated, if the buyer you procured ends up buying, then if you're a licensed agent, you will get a commission.
Should there be a link attched to your question--what properties......
Peg, I'm not sure I understand who this question is directed at but I would assume any agent who shows a property that results in a sale would receive a commission.
Am I missing something....?