Mtsmiths, Home Buyer in Lakewood, WA

How does Trulia get their information for the houses that are for sale?

Asked by Mtsmiths, Lakewood, WA Tue Aug 13, 2013

We re-listed our house with a different realator and the old information still shows on your web site.

Answers

5
Mtsmiths,
You have several answers and none are quite accurate to my understanding. First, Trulia is not connected to Northwest Multiple Listing Services, our local MLS that all licensed brokers in this market uses. To appear in Trulia a local broker may load it individually or syndicate it through a number of sources. I upload my listings to Postlets.com which in turn sends them to Trulia, Zillow and many other sites so that my listings have the greatest possible exposure.
If your previous broker loaded it up, but your current broker hasn't replaced it, the old information will stick around a while. You can suggest your new agent load it directly or syndicate it through their office or by other means.
Some homes appear here that are not for sale. This data is pulled from county records and may not be up to date. I hope this helps.
Trulia does a feed from many syndication sources and also from the agent actually directly inputting it. It can be tricky to get it transferred when a listing changes hands. I would have the agent who has the listing contact the agent who HAD the listing so that they can co-operate in getting it fixed and even if everyone is working well together give it a few days.
That's like asking how Santa gets down the chimney. Wouldn't you rather just believe in the magic? And believe in Trulia? Trulia is a world of magic and wonder, where all of your wildest dreams come true. Stay magical.
Web Reference: http://kribzoo.com
Trulia receives homes for sale data from a data aggregator called ListHub. Listbub and Trulia will replace, substitutte, supress, remove and alter data to fit their business objective.
-
Please notice where the data DOES NOT COME FROM....the local MLS.
-
A study completed at the start of this year reveal that 30% of the data appearing on aggregate websites is FALSE.
-
Your current agent will be able to address this for you. Let your agent know. Be aware, serious buyers use serious resources such as the MLS. What appears on aggregate websites is quite irrelevant along with the evaluations, guestimates and values they display.
Some, not all, MLS systems will automatically send out listings to some online sites. Sometimes the old listings are not removed, i am not sure how that works but I have gotten many calls about listings that sold 4-6 months ago. Nothing is as up-to-date as the local MLS systems themselves. Ask your new agent to make sure the listing is here and updated.