Dennis Cape, Home Owner in Simpsonville, SC

How do you get the listing info correct on a home?

Asked by Dennis Cape, Simpsonville, SC Fri Mar 22, 2013

We added a 900 sqft addition to our home. The tax records do not reflect the proper sq footage, bedroom or baths. I have claimed the home, modified the info (over a month ago), but the Trulia listing still shows the tax info and does not display my comments about the home or proper bed/bath/sqft. As a result it does not show up in any searches for comparable homes. And obviously the estimate is way off, making it look like I am overpricing my home.

Answers

3
So much of the time the tax records are wrong and the general public just doesn't understand that fact. I would make a call to trulia and see if there is any way for them to resolve this situation. I do understand your angst though.
Parker Quigley, Broker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
I'd be happy to help you sort through your situation.
Call me at 864-313-2561.
Erin Joseph
Keller Williams
If you have a realtor they should be able to do it. If you are selling the home of yourself you need to make an account with Trulia in order to go in and modify your information. If you have already made on account and changed it multiple times you may need to contact Trulia through their help page.

As a realtor I have noticed with some of the third party listing sites that I have to go and once in a while and change the information back to what I originally put in.

Beth