Home Selling in Sumter>Question Details

Cr8tve1, Other/Just Looking in Sumter, SC

How do you get an idea of the price of a house, do agents give this or do you have to sign a contrcontract with one?

Asked by Cr8tve1, Sumter, SC Wed Jun 8, 2011

We live out of state, house wanting to sell is in Sumter, SC. near Shaw AFB

Answers

8
All you have to do is to ask. I will gladly help you. If it matters I am certified by USAA to work with buyers and sellers. If I can help you out please let me know. Thank you for the question.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 9, 2011
Most Sumter Real Estate agents are willing to do a Competitive Market Analysis for free on the property. There are two ways to do the CMA one is a price range for the property and the second is to visit the property and look at the condition and then give a price. Even with the price range, which is based upon age, location and other factors, the actual list price may not fall in the range depending on the condition of the property. So ultimately a visit to the the property would be needed for final pricing.

The agent should be able to do the CMA and then send it to you electronically. The same with any listing documents that may be needed to get the property on the market.

Have a great day!

Kim Peasley-Parker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 9, 2011
All you have to do is ask an agent and they can do a market anaylsis for you. Having access to the house would be appreciated. If I can help you out please call me at 803-968-3446. You can go to http://www.trulia.com/profile/CharlieFossett/ to see what past clients have said about my service to them. I am USAA certified for both buyers and sellers.

Thanks for the question!

Charlie Fossett
ERA Wilder Realty
Sumter, SC

803-968-3446
Since you are not committed to any particular agent, you can ask a few on same - to see how they come up with their values (have them explain this to you too).

Zillow.com is good for preliminary evaluations and market trends (but they are often wrong).

Just keep on asking how agents arrive at this number - so you are educated on the values.
You can also ask them to video or take more pix on the properties you reallly like - to get a better idea, since you are away.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
CDPE - Certified Distressed Property Expert
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
Dear Cr8tve1,
Yes once you hire your listing agent they will run some statistics and they will be able to advise you on selling price. Please do take your agents advice on pricing, they have the experience to get your home sold.
I know here in Florida Realtors will come and do a free CMA for you without a contract . Contact one in your area and i am sure someone will come out.
Most realtors will help you establish the value of your home without it costing you anything. Realtors have access to all the comparables in the area that have been sold and that are currently on the market. Just pick up the phone and call an agent to help you. I am sure that you will want to list it with a company rather than go it alone. After all if you were looking for a house and didn't know the area, where would you go to find one?
A local real estate office, right? Good luck.
Hi Cr8tve1,

Contact an agent in the area of the house you want to sell. Ask them to email (or mail) you a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). Tell them you are considering listing your house for sale. You do not have to sign a contract with them. Most (if not all) Realtors will do this for you in the hopes that if you do list your house for sale, you will list with them.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com