Home Selling in Orlando>Question Details

Andreanap_la…, Other/Just Looking in

How do we sell our house by this Summer? Is it too early to put it on the market? Are houses selling again?

Asked by Andreanap_lally, Fri Feb 1, 2013

We live in a 5 bedroom, 4 bath home in East Orlando very close to UCF and are relocating to another state as soon as school is out. Our house is 6 years old and in great shape.

Answers

22
opondomusa’s answer
CNN Money recently aired a short video with Orlando real estate market predictions , where they predicted that with low inventory and high priced foreclosures the appreciation for Orlando homes will be in the 3 to 4 % range in 2013.

It definitely is a good time to sell in Orlando.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 7, 2013
In an ideal situation, you are probably looking at 60 days to close the sale; that would put you at April 1st.
Things are seldom IDEAL.
Across the nation, the DOM right now is about 70 days to sell, plus 30 for the Escrow. That would make it 100 days or May 10th.
Talk to a local Realtor and see if they agree.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2013
Price it right, list it about 90 days out, you will get multiple offers and hold the cards.

To check out my profile, references and the references of the other agents, just click on my picture to go to my profiles and read what our clients say about us. Pick the broker that you think is right for you. Of course I hope it’s me, but if not then best wishes!

Search on MLS here:http://www.thepremiumproperties.idxco.com/idx/3935/advancedS…

Highest and best regards.

Vincent Paige |REALTOR® | RE/MAX Showcase
Certified Broker Price Opinion Registered Agent (BPOR)
Florida Military Specialist (FMS)
8934 Conroy Windermere Road | Orlando, FL 32835
Direct: 407.256.8190 | Fax: 407.264.8073
E-mail: vince@thepremiumproperties.com
Search for homes here: http://www.thepremiumproperties.com
Hi Andrea,

Just following up on your post to see if you are still interested in selling your home!

To sum up the current market a bit, inventory is still low but the banks have caught on....REO properties are now starting their list price 12-15% over fair market (in hopes of a desperate/tired buyers sending a high offer) So in my opinion, fair market listings that are priced correctly are going up. I'm seeing a lot of my clients just plain tired of the bidding process making a home like yours very attractive.

Give me a call/text or e-mail and we can discuss how the market is moving in your specific neighborhood and if you like the facts we can move on from there! I live in Avalon Park so I'm only a couple minutes from your neck of the woods.

Talk to you soon, best of luck!!

Direct/text: 407-923-6763
E-mail: TopFLRealtor@gmail.com
The inventory on the market is currently extremely low. Now is a good time to list your property. Listings priced right and in good shape are getting multiple offers within 5 - 10 days on the MLS.

A house of your size and location are highly sough after by investors.

I hold the National Association of Realtors "Brokers Price Opinion Resource" designation. I will be more than happy to do a no charge evaluation of your property and give you an estimated selling value.

Michael D. Bellamy, P.A.,
REALTOR®, SFR, BPOR
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc
1900 Summit Tower, Ste. 220
Orlando, FL 32810

407.536.MIKE(6453) (direct)
407.622.2122 (office)
407-567-7551 (fax)
michael@michaelbellamy.net
http://www.michaelbellamy.net
"The Standard of Excellence"
Andrea,

if your home is in good/decent shape, you will have no problems selling it this summer.

If you know there are items that need to be fixed, now would be the time to straighten up the home before summer comes.

Remember, the staging of your home is the best way to make it sell for the best possible price and sell fast!

I would NOT recommend putting it on the market right now. I would wait until the middle of May (or about 2-3 weeks before school is out.)

Why? things are generally selling TOO fast right now! You would not want to have to move before the school year is over!

I would start interviewing agents now though.

(always get at least 3-4 to get a feel for what type of person you would best work with) and tell them that you are going to sell in May or June but not sooner!

If you need some advice, you can contact any of the agents here that have responded to your question!

Quinton Smith
Homeowner, business owner and Investor
407-879-2396
Hi Andrea:

Well we are in a seller's market. Prices are going up and the inventory is shrinking day by day.

You should have no problem selling your home by this summer. The pick of Real Estate activity starts around beginning of March and ends around Beginning of September so you would definitely want be on the market in that time frame. That is when families with Children make their move to be ready for the start of the new school season.

We have sold over 160 homes during the past year alone and another 150+ the year before. I have been awarded as a top producer year after year and of course it would be my pleasure to run a free market analysis on your home to give you some idea as to what would be an effective price to start marketing the home,... Our company has a networked of ~3500 buyers and a ton of other marketing strategies that I would be happy to share with you.

Feel free to email me to get the process started.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 25 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 165 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte
A well prepared and well staged home, showing great on the photos, and price right for your market area will sell. The advantage to put it on the market NOW rather than later is that at this very time you will have
probably a little less competition, although I am not 100 % familiar with your particular area. But if you want
to move by summer the sooner you can get your home sale ready, list it with a good local Realtor and make sure there will be great marketing for your type of home in your area.
Good Luck

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Hello Andrea, they are right! Its a seller's market. For a free professional home value estimate click here:
http://centralfloridarelocator.kwrealty.com/sell/

I hope it helps. Call me if you have any questions: 407-777-8883

German M Guardiola
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your question. With the inventory being low your home if it's in good shape and priced right will sell quickly. So you may want to wait until March to list it. Take the time to interview a Real Estate professional many good ones listed on this page.

If I can be of service let me know.

Maggie DeGennaro
La Rosa Realty, LLC
Cell 401-929-1394
Email: maggiedegennaro1@gmail.com
Web: http://callmaggietoday.com
Andrea,
You will discover the real estate market in Orlando is STRONG. Sales levels are approaching the numbers seen in 2005. It is very important to have the appropriate expectations. Please contact one of the Orlando real estate professionals responding here to do a market analysis of your home. You really need to have a 'ball park' understanding of the possible sale price of your home.
-
No it is definitely not too early.
_
However, do a real evaluation. The most productive and investment wise action you can take is cleaning and painting. Maybe even flooring. If you see the thought dance across your mind..."It's not so bad." you just lost $25,000!
-
Understand you are now engaged in the business of real estate. Let the professional you hire be your emotional shock absorber. Do Not Take Things Personal. and go for a long walk during showing. NO...don't be helpful. NO. you don't need to be available to 'answer' buyer questions. Take a walk...a long one.
-
Now, you have some really serious decisions to make in the coming weeks. The decision you make must focus on your real goals. Too often, a homeowner will substitute cost for goals. A cost driven decision will result in disappointment.
-
Select the agent who is able to deliver the results you need.
-
The result you want is to get to San Diego in June, on schedule, under budget and with the least amount of hysteria. This agent will demonstrate acute listening skills and will answer your most important 7 questions without you having to ask them. This real estate consultant is results oriented and achieves those results by guiding you to the best version of yourself where the best decisions are made and real goals and purpose can be understood.
-
Now THIS is important:
If you are serious about selling your home and starting the next chapter of your life, call an Orlando professional.
NO, don't use that 'contact' link
No, don't rely on Trulia email.
Go old school and call one of the Orlando agents responding, if you are serious.

Best of Success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Hi Andreanap_lally,

Thanks for turning to Trulia for your real estate questions...you'll get a lot of great answers from a lot of great agents.

Sorry I seem to be a little late to the party but....There is no time like the present to sit down with a realtor you feel comfortable with and go over your home and it's selling features and any advise the agent can give you. Right now, and historically for that matter, we are having a shortage of homes to sell. I feel confident in saying that the "spring" fever of most listings are not on the market long.
I have a home listed in Waterford Lakes that has had a crazy amount of traffic since being listed.

Find an agent first...the rest will fall into place...we are here to take the stress off of you and have your time spent with the most important...namely your family!

If you'd like some help let me know....if you chose another, that's fine too!

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com

It is with great pleasure that I inform you that the market has improved and houses are selling! If you would like, I can put together a market analysis for your review, it is a great tool for the important decisions to be made when selling a home. Please feel free to contact me at anytime. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Maria Dodge
Realty Resources International, Inc.
3580 Aloma Avenue
Suite 8
Winter Park, FL 32792
Tel: 407-392-0722
Fax: 407-392-0723
Yes, it is too early. Why? If you price it competitively you will be under contract in 30 days and buyers will not want to wait until school is out for you to move...so they can move in. Of course, some buyers might rent it back to you but that could be a long shot.

You should list 30 days before your expected move-out date. Or, better yet and if you can do it, list the home after you move-out. This way you do not have the stress of showing the home while preparing to make such a big life change.

Steve Schiffer
Olde Town Brokers, Inc.
407-466-8188
steve@orlhomes.com
now is a very good time to listand sell. Low inventory and many buyers making many offers

call or text if you need more help 407 832 4888
Now is the time! Inventory is very low right now. We can not keep listings! They sell as soon as we put them on the market. Feel free to give me a call and I will be happy to do a market analysis for you. I have 25 years of appraisal experience so I know we can price your home right!
Market conditions are fantastic for sellers currently and you have the option of requesting a long closing to coincide with your move date.

Andrew Robinson, SFR, ABR
Overton Reatly Inc,
917 669 3135
407 271 8274
http://www.orlandohomecenter.com
According to lender statistics the average time from contract to close is approaching 45 days for non cash transactions. That puts you towards the end of March if you can get it on the market this coming week. If you list now and generate an acceptable offer then you can generally set the closing date further out to meet your timeline. I would check the average days on market in your area and I believe you will find that it is a good idea to go ahead and list now!
Dear Andreanap-lally,

February is considered the most active month to sell a home in the Orlando area. School will be out in another 3 months or so. You should probably put your home on the market for excellent exposure quite soon. You can also make the contract's closing date to coincide with school letting out.

We would be more than happy to assist you with the sale of your home. Call us to further discuss your options and how best to market your home.

Marc Grossman, GRI
Broker/Owner – Marc It Sold! – A Certified LGBT Business Enterprise
407-463-1034
marc@OrlandoHomes-4u.com

Twitter: @mgrossfl
Facebook: MarcGrossman1

Blogs:
http://www.RealEstateMorsels.com
http://www.RealEstateOffTheLeash.com
http://www.RealEstateCracker.com
If you price it right, it will sell pretty quickly. Inventory is very low right now.
Homes are definitely selling again, at a very strong rate. I just listed a home for sale right off of Alafaya a few days ago and have had over 10 showings. Factors such as less and less foreclosures coming on the market and decrease in the amount of homes on the market overall is causing a frenzy amongst buyers. I'd love to speak to you about how much your home is worth and what I can do to market and get top dollar for your home.

Linda Jokbengboon
REALTOR®, SFR
RE/MAX Town Centre
330 E Central Blvd, Orlando, FL 32801
c. 336.404.8871 t.407.996.3200 f.407.843.2033
Home sales are at strong levels, which show the demand that is driving prices higher. Is a great idea to contact several real estate agents and see how much you can sell it for and find out what you should be doing to make your house look more appealing to prospective buyers.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com