Home Selling in Los Angeles>Question Details

Wingchuan, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

How do i get final escrow documents from my mothers house which my brother sold, who's name was on title? I the living trust, my mother named

Asked by Wingchuan, Los Angeles, CA Tue Nov 17, 2009

myself and sister as benificiaries.

Help the community by answering this question:


Emily Knell’s answer
Also ask the Realtor who handled the Escrow and get the name of the Escrow officer & his/her phone number, they will have a FINAL Settlement statement in their office. If you're in the area, a call or a personal visit to the Escrow office, may get you the papers you're looking for.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 21, 2009

It sounds to me as if your brother sold the home but will not provide you with a copy of the closing documents. You could contact the Realtor representing your brother to see if he’d be willing to secure you a copy of the documents or give you the contact information to the closing company used in the transaction. You could also check with the county recorder’s office to get a copy of the deed. Without knowing the details, my primary recommendation would be for you to contact the attorney that set up the trust and begin there. They can either handle this for you or make recommendations as how to best proceed.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 17, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer